Grilled Chicken Thighs and New Smokeware Accessories

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score

First the New Accessories from Smokeware that I received yesterday. A Scrapesation Grill Scraper, and The Grate Ash Tool.

The Scraper works great on the wire grate but not on the Grill Grate it's too deep 3/4 in.

The Grate Ash Tool has several very good applications you can scrape the real large burnt pieces off the wire grate, lift out the grate as well. you can also clean the Grill Grates with it.

Lets grill the Chicken Thighs, the LBGE is @400* direct.

Turned over at 10 minutes.

Served with pasta with Pesto Sauce that Jackie made with basil from our garden. This was as good as it gets (DELICIOUS)

Grill Accessories:http://smokeware.com/collections/grill-accessories

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

Nice!

Nice Ross!!

I had a question, I noticed in your pics, you appear to have the extra grates that are raised up...aluminum ones?

Just wondering your thoughts on those? I was planning to get cast iron grates but have seen these other style that are usually AL, and wondering your thoughts on them? Can you compare to cast iron with pluses and minuses?

I just got a BGE last week and am getting ready already to accessorize!!
:)

Thanks,

cayenne

Nice Ross!!

I had a question, I noticed in your pics, you appear to have the extra grates that are raised up...aluminum ones?

Just wondering your thoughts on those? I was planning to get cast iron grates but have seen these other style that are usually AL, and wondering your thoughts on them? Can you compare to cast iron with pluses and minuses?

Thanks,

cayenne

Can't speak for the OP, but grill grates like he is using have a HUGE following. Many people I know also like to turn them upside down to use the flat side for full blown searing. They are a good product. I've never had a need for them, but have seen them in action plenty. As far as the grill side, people seem to like that smokiness you get from the fat vaporizing between the raised sections. Cast iron is awesome, but keeping them seasoned is tricky for some. They are essentially a one trick pony though. Nice heat retention, and sweet grill marks.

Nice Ross!!

Thanks,

cayenne
Those are Grill Grates go to there web site

Ross

Nice looking thighs Ross. What temp do you cook them at with the grill grates? I usually cook them on my kamado using indirect heat but it leaves you without a crispy skin. Was thinking the other day that the grill grates would be a good option to try when cooking my thighs. Then your thread shows up and they look real nice.

Nice looking thighs Ross. What temp do you cook them at with the grill grates? I usually cook them on my kamado using indirect heat but it leaves you without a crispy skin. Was thinking the other day that the grill grates would be a good option to try when cooking my thighs. Then your thread shows up and they look real nice.

Thanks Roy I grilled the chicken thighs @ 400* direct:cool:

Ross

Back