Another FoodSaver ?

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have an 8# smoked brisket flat, a rack of babybacks and 1 rack of spares that I had vacusealed with my FoodSaver. I froze them and brought them down to Arkansas for my aunt but forgot to check out the reheating instructions. Is it best to place in boiling water? If so, for how long?

Neil said:
I have an 8# smoked brisket flat, a rack of babybacks and 1 rack of spares that I had vacusealed with my FoodSaver. I froze them and brought them down to Arkansas for my aunt but forgot to check out the reheating instructions. Is it best to place in boiling water? If so, for how long?

That would be one big stock pot of water. I'd put them in disposable aluminum pans, cover with foil, and reheat in the oven.

Neil said:

I freeze with the foodsaver bags all the time. I never reheat in the bags. When I reheat Q, I`ll take heavy duty, wide foil and seal the meat loosley with a table spoon of apple juice or something and bake it at 300º +-, or put it on the gas grill for 30 minutes or so on low. When fully reheated, I can grill it a bit for recarmelzation.

Good as new!

Used the foil method for the spares last night because I evidently didn't get a good seal on the bag. When I took them out of the cooler there was some water in the bag. We are going to have the brisket tomorrow and I'll try the boiling method. Thanks for the input.

Back