Cherry smoked Habanero Peach Hot Wings

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Howdy...

Just finished todays supper.

Bought some Wings at the farmers market this morning and put them in a marinade of :

-3 ground chipotles
-3 chopped fresh habaneros
-1 can of peaches (incl liquid)
-1Tb Texasbbqrub
-1/4 cup Jack Daniels
-Olive Oil

Couple of hours later i put em on the UDS and smoked them with some cherry wood at around 250 F.

57_s_001_Small_13.jpg

57_s_002_Small_11.jpg

57_s_003_Small_14.jpg

Meanwhile i cooked up the marinade, seasoned it a bit and then pureed it.

Note to self : Never ever puree a hot liquid in a stand mixer again. At least not unless youre standing under the shower. D´oh ! :-?

57_s_004_Small_12.jpg

57_s_006_Small_11.jpg

Heres the sauce. Honestly, it really was a tad too hot. Flavour was awesome though, and i´m sure it glows in the dark.

57_s_007_Small_14.jpg

Here are the finished and mighty tasty wings :

57_s_008_Small_11.jpg

57_s_009_Small_10.jpg

57_s_010_Small_6.jpg

57_s_011_Small_12.jpg

57_s_012_Small_8.jpg

57_s_013_Small_13.jpg

57_s_014_Small_10.jpg

57_s_015_Small_9.jpg

Another note to myself :

Dont ever use a ****** Habanero Hot Sauce on the UDS again.
That stuff dripped into the coals and the resulting farking capsaicin cloud almost knocked me out.

Life´s a lesson. I´m off to clean the kitchen walls now.

Cheers,

DM

Those wings look fantastic, DM! Nice pictures. Besides the heat, did they taste as good as they look?

Yes, those look great, and the sauce looks hot! I have a Habanero plant growing, so note to self...use less!
I want to try this at home.

They do look great!

Did you glaze them with the sauce during the last part of the cook, or was it for dipping the cooked wings in?

looks great DM !!!! I'm going to try that. Maybe japs instead ?????????

Si, los habaneros can be overpowering sometimes, always best to dial back a bit; just ask some of the folks who tried my last bowl of red at the Angels chili gig.......
But, those wings still look great, gonna try a slightly-modified version soon.

Next time try a peach jelly and habanero glaze. Take a jar of peach jelly or any other type and reduce it to a thin liquid in a sauce pan with some white wine, then float a cut hab in it. The longer it floats, the hotter it gets. Brush this on the wings towards the end of the cook. Good stuff and you can control the heat. You can also use cayenne if habs aren't available.

I'd still hit those.......and twice on Sunday. A cold beer will handle the heat.

Last edited:
UMMMMMMMMMM!
I no fan of bone-in chicken, but I just bit my monitor looking at your chicken!:evil:
I love peaches, and I love habaneros...great combination, Don.
Oh, great photos, too. :mrgreen:

They look like something i would want to eat thats for sure! 3 hab's = Death at my house lol.

Back