MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Carl
Default How is the food truck business being affected?

I was talking with Allen (Gringoloco) last night and he was saying that he actually is now open an extra day. I was just wondering how with all that is going on, how is it affecting your food truck business? I haven't really heard or seen anything on the news regarding food trucks. Lots of news about restaurants though. I'm hoping and praying that you're doing well.
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:
Pig_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 04-08-2020, 01:07 PM   #2
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Just saw this

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=280136
[COLOR="Silver"][COLOR="Gray"]Weber Performer[/COLOR][/COLOR], Weber kettle red, Dual Weber Kettle table gold, UDS, [COLOR="DimGray"]East Texas Smoker RK250[/COLOR], Blackstone 36, Blackstone 17, GMG Trek, LSG Large IVC Candy Apple Red W/4WD and a 6.7L Power Stroke :biggrin1:

Old 04-08-2020, 01:41 PM   #3
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

Our city council has been rather tough on some food truck operators, mostly fire code related issues, but this week they are exploring some tracts of city property to allow groups of food trucks to set-up on.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #4
kd4gij
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Marty

Here food trucks are still in business as they are carry out only.
kd4gij is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2020, 03:04 PM   #5
ShadowDriver
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marc

They seem to be doing pretty good business in town, but they've all left the base.

Glad to hear that Gringo is doing well out West... been wondering about him a bit lately.
[B]Hardware[/B] - Weber 22.5 Kettle (Sep '16), OK Joe Longhorn (Mar '17), UUNI 3 Pizza Oven (Jan '18 ), Blue Rhino Razor Griddle (May '19), Cajun Bandit 22.5 Roti (Aug '20), Weber 26.75 Kettle (Dec '20)
ShadowDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDriver View Post
They seem to be doing pretty good business in town, but they've all left the base.

Glad to hear that Gringo is doing well out West... been wondering about him a bit lately.

He had to close the doors to walk in business for his insurance office, so he decided to sling BBQ 4 days a week now.

Old 04-08-2020, 05:23 PM   #7
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Yesterday was my last day running my food trailer business because the local availability of meat has gotten frustrating. I've been doing a 5+ hour round trip once a week to Restaurant Depot, but that has really gotten old. Slowly but surely the number of people who are outside and willing to engage with food trucks has diminished as well. I figure I'll shut down until the beginning of May and see how it goes from there.

Old 04-08-2020, 07:53 PM   #8
Pig_Farmer
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothBoarBBQ View Post
Yesterday was my last day running my food trailer business because the local availability of meat has gotten frustrating. I've been doing a 5+ hour round trip once a week to Restaurant Depot, but that has really gotten old. Slowly but surely the number of people who are outside and willing to engage with food trucks has diminished as well. I figure I'll shut down until the beginning of May and see how it goes from there.
I'm really sorry to hear that, Smooth Boar. I hope and pray that it turns around for you.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #9
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig_Farmer View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that, Smooth Boar. I hope and pray that it turns around for you.
I appreciate the kind words, but I'm super lucky that my wife has an amazing job and she's still working / teleworking, and getting paid. I've got a few catering gigs lined up, so I'm still doing a few things here and there...just not doing my daily lunch vending for a while.

Old 04-09-2020, 06:58 AM   #10
Big Andy
Take a breath!

I posted in the other thread, you might try reaching out to some of the local factories in the area to see if you could come in and serve.
Big Andy is offline   Reply With Quote