How is the food truck business being affected?

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was talking with Allen (Gringoloco) last night and he was saying that he actually is now open an extra day. I was just wondering how with all that is going on, how is it affecting your food truck business? I haven't really heard or seen anything on the news regarding food trucks. Lots of news about restaurants though. I'm hoping and praying that you're doing well.

Our city council has been rather tough on some food truck operators, mostly fire code related issues, but this week they are exploring some tracts of city property to allow groups of food trucks to set-up on.

They seem to be doing pretty good business in town, but they've all left the base.

Glad to hear that Gringo is doing well out West... been wondering about him a bit lately.

They seem to be doing pretty good business in town, but they've all left the base.

Glad to hear that Gringo is doing well out West... been wondering about him a bit lately.

He had to close the doors to walk in business for his insurance office, so he decided to sling BBQ 4 days a week now.

Yesterday was my last day running my food trailer business because the local availability of meat has gotten frustrating. I've been doing a 5+ hour round trip once a week to Restaurant Depot, but that has really gotten old. Slowly but surely the number of people who are outside and willing to engage with food trucks has diminished as well. I figure I'll shut down until the beginning of May and see how it goes from there.

Yesterday was my last day running my food trailer business because the local availability of meat has gotten frustrating. I've been doing a 5+ hour round trip once a week to Restaurant Depot, but that has really gotten old. Slowly but surely the number of people who are outside and willing to engage with food trucks has diminished as well. I figure I'll shut down until the beginning of May and see how it goes from there.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Smooth Boar. I hope and pray that it turns around for you.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Smooth Boar. I hope and pray that it turns around for you.

I appreciate the kind words, but I'm super lucky that my wife has an amazing job and she's still working / teleworking, and getting paid. I've got a few catering gigs lined up, so I'm still doing a few things here and there...just not doing my daily lunch vending for a while.

I posted in the other thread, you might try reaching out to some of the local factories in the area to see if you could come in and serve.

Back