Lone Star Grillz 24x40

JokerBroker

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
After almost 5 months, my offset was delivered this week. :clap2: In addition to the standard features I ordered the following options:

12" folding stainless steel shelf
2 Temperature gauges
Temperature probe hole
1 1/4" brass ball valve drain
Gas assist/log lighter
8" wheels with 2 swivel casters
Ash pan
Lone Star Grillz in stainless steel on bottom of cart in place of vinyl letters
Spring handle on smoke stack

I seasoned it yesterday and cooked a brisket on it today. It held temps easily and had no problems handling a swirling wind.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_3dc8.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_3dc8.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 730
When I try to load 5 or 6 pics at a time it says I'm missing a security token. Additionally, the last couple I've tried to post are rotating sideways. It's been a long day since I started the cook early this morning so I will revisit this tomorrow. Thanks

Last edited:
That is a great looking machine- very nice size.

/jealous

congrats!

Beautiful! Makes me miss my old Texas Smokemaster. I bet she cooks like a dream.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I bet she cooks like a dream.

It is surprisingly easy to cook on. The wind was a bit gusty and swirling and the draft was just steady all day. I'd add a split about every 50 minutes or so and the temps would only fluctuate a few degrees. There is also plenty of room to leave a split on the side of the fire to preheat it. That really helped too. I cooked a 15 pound prime brisket trimmed down to 11 pounds in just 7 hours at 275° with internal temps probing between 200°-210° with a great texture. No wrapping and no water used. I wanted to keep my first one simple. Kosher salt and pepper rub. (sorry for sideways pic)

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 596
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very Well Done... Congrats - you're going to enjoy that for many years.

The stainless logo is a nice touch. I've been tempted to remove the vinyl logo for a while but never got around to it. The spring handle on the stack is a nice touch too.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Very Well Done... Congrats - you're going to enjoy that for many years.

The stainless logo is a nice touch. I've been tempted to remove the vinyl logo for a while but never got around to it. The spring handle on the stack is a nice touch too.

I also copied your idea and asked Chris to weld a washer to hold the cool touch handle on the firebox from sliding back and forth. It turned out nicely. Thank you!

Like others have said, welcome to the LSG family. Lots of fun and great cooks in your future.

Great looking new smoker and brisket. I think we chatted some on Facebook this weekend before and during the cook...

Congrats to you! Awesome smoker. Love the LSG's, one of these days...
Does it have a second upper cooking grate?

Back