pre Thanksgiving

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days. so why not do it twice. not only is a practice run delicious bit it aids in timing and lets you experiment a bit before the big day.

mashed taters, stuffing and the cranberries are for sure on the menu as well as turkey two ways.

UhQGcIth.jpg

qmkgY7Xh.jpg

Nice!
Make some turkey fatties with any small amount of left over turkey, dressing and sauce.
I highly recommend them. :biggrin1:

That is some fine looking china and grub.

Last edited:
What is a turkey fattie
Use your favorite ground pork. roll/flatten out pork. Stuff with chopped turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce. Form into log. Dry rub and smoke to 165* internal.
Slice thick as thin slices tend to crumble. Have some extra cranberry sauce on the side.
Make 2, they freeze/reheat well.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 232
True confession... Thanksgiving is my LEAST favorite meal of the year, but I’d tear that plat UP Steve!

Killer looking bird!

Steve, looks like you knocked that out of the park! I'd gladly take a seat at your table for that meal!

Use your favorite ground pork. roll/flatten out pork. Stuff with chopped turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce. Form into log. Dry rub and smoke to 165* internal.
Slice thick as thin slices tend to crumble. Have some extra cranberry sauce on the side.

Oh lord I want that.

I love Thanksgiving however it's just the wife and I this year so I'm having a difficult time getting into the spirit of the season.

I love Thanksgiving however it's just the wife and I this year so I'm having a difficult time getting into the spirit of the season.
That's a tough one. Hopefully it's the first and last.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh my...fabulous on so many levels!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days. so why not do it twice. not only is a practice run delicious bit it aids in timing and lets you experiment a bit before the big day.

mashed taters, stuffing and the cranberries are for sure on the menu as well as turkey two ways.

UhQGcIth.jpg

qmkgY7Xh.jpg

Man that all looks great!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks awesome Steve. Thanksgiving is also one of my favorite days. Love the turkey dinner and especially the leftover Sammies

That's a good looking bird. My wife, kids and I can't really do the traditional Thanksgiving day meal anymore. The camp where I work serves it to every group staying here. So staff get it (if we choose to attend meas) about 50 times a year. So most of us just stay far away from the Turkey day dinner whenever possible. Some years it's Fajitas others maybe brisket..... We are visiting my folks this year and they will have three birds. One oven roasted one fried and one smoked in my old mans crappy old vertical brinkman. He smokes once a year. We just may show up with a prime rib.

Looks good! I’m doing a pre-holiday dry run smoking a rib roast this weekend. If it works, I’ll smoke one & FTC for the drive to my 90-year-old dad’s place on Thanksgiving. Probably smoke another for Christmas at home if it turns out like it will in my mind.

Back