Spinning with the Octoforks

THATGUY

Reaction score
I joined the Octoforks club recently. I got sucked in by the special holiday pricing, but so far I am very happy with them. I wanted to do a trial run before cooking our X-Mas Rib Roast on the rotisserie, so my wife picked up a little tri-tip roast. It came out better than I had expected. I did a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the roast, brought the coals up to ~400 degrees, threw some oak chips on the coals, then spun the meat for about 35 minutes. I probably could have pulled it at 30 minutes, but my thermometer was being screwy, so it ended up being closer to medium than medium rare like I like. Just in case anyone is curious about them I did a short video. I think I am going to do a whole blog post on the trip tip meal, it was that good. I look forward to doing more experimenting. Hit me up if you have any questions.

[ame]https://youtu.be/K2TItCE6dkE[/ame]

Looks great. I definitely will be getting a set. I'll probably wait for May for my b-day. Not sure I can hold out that long though. Looks to be great to roti.

I like that each side is strong enough to hold meat on its own. I might try to do some ribs, with half a rack on each side. I have never rotisseried ribs before.

Really nice spin! I like how you didn't need to put the spit rod through the roast.

Back