The 20 Layer - Double Tri-Tip Sandwich of World Domination!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This is the special project I’ve been working on, The 20 Layer Double Tri-Tip Sandwich of World Domination! A sandwich so BIG, I will use it to destroy the earth unless you give me

Seriously, I had a curveball thrown at me in the middle of making this, so I had to rethink the name, but I’m very happy with how this turned out.

First off, a Really Big Sandwich takes a really long post, so bear with me.

To pull this off I spend days of careful planning.

First I baked some beer bread on the kamado.

(See link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210270)

The next day I cooked up some killer Tri-Tip.

(See link: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210276)

I knew that a really big sandwich would require some precision engineering so I purchased a cheap mandolin to keep all the cut veggies the same thickness. Next I searched my freezer for some of my kamado cooked leftovers. Here is what I thought was some leftover Pastrami and some Turkey from last Christmas. (links upon request)

Here is the mandolin I purchased.

And most of the veggies sliced up and most the rest of the ingredients.

Took my beer bread and carefully sliced it into 4 lengthwise slices.

I made up a bacon weave for one of my layers.

Because it’s difficult to flip a weave, I heated up my bacon press to smoking hot and placed it on top.

I then toasted the bread on the kamado.

I spread out some mayo on the bottom slice. (1)

Then a layer of Pepper Jack, Cucumber, and the fresh Tri-Tip. (2, 3 & 4)

Then onion and Red Pepper. (5 & 6)

Remember I thought that that package was Pastrami so I started making up a Rueben sandwich for the middle slices. [FONT=&quot]I then opened up the package to put this supposed Pastrami on the Swiss cheese and found out it was leftover Tri-Tip. [/FONT] (Oh Darn! :lol:) I was going to name this the Big TriRueKey for Tri-Tip, Rueben and Turkey, but since no Pastrami I had to quickly rethink that.

Oh well, change of plans so I heated up the Tri-Tip and placed it on top of the melted Swiss cheese on the next slice and continue building this monster [FONT=&quot]in a different way[/FONT]. (7,8,9 &10)

Added Pickle slices. (11)

And some Muenster cheese. (12)

Now the Bacon (13)

and the next slice of bread with spicy brown mustard. (14)

More Swiss Cheese (15)

and the Turkey (16)

then some Tomato slices with some fresh cracked black pepper. (17)

More Swiss cheese and placed it in an oblong Fish pan to heat it up. (18)

Now on the kamado at 300 degrees.

After 3 minutes the cheese is starting to melt.

Brought it inside and added some Lettuce and it’s lid. (19 & 20)

Took it out of the pan. This is the backside of the sandwich.

I turned it around and set-up a better photo background. I also placed a ruler next to it to give it some scale.

Here is how we made the background better for pictures.

Unfortunately, no sooner than I’d taken that photo, my wife bumped into the vertical one and it fell onto the sandwich. Fortunately this thing was built well and only received superficial damage.

Like the 6 Million Dollar Man, we rebuilt it. I then stuck wooden skewers in both sides so I could cut this thing.

Here are the cut shots.

And here is the Money Shot.

I cut it into 4th's and even then I had to eat this thing as 2 sandwiches. The top half came off and was eaten first. I then ate the bottom half. It was very good. :becky:

I will now await your payment. If you don't pay, I will release "The Sandwich!"

Last edited:
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:
jfj97t.jpg

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI"]Stop that! It's silly! - YouTube[/ame]

Back