Would it be a Redneck Guru for my UDS?

pahutchens

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Was smoking on Sunday and after adding another load of meat to the UDS the temps started dropping, what the fark?
Opened up all the bottom vents as it kept drifting down hill.
What to do, what to do....

I see a chunk of short garden hose and start thinking
Yep, I screwed it onto the fitting and started huffing, worked better once I closed the other vents. :becky:
Brought the drum back up to temp with out passing out, imagine If I was in better shape instead of just round shaped...

It didn't take much, probably looked strange to the neighbors thou..

lol Sounds like it worked well...thanks Phil!

i've used a hair dryer to get the temps back up. I have a single 1 1/2" air vent

I've learned 3 each 3/4" is not enough if the wind is dead calm for me. My last 5 or so cooks that were overnight have been at 175* when I woke up. My smoke plume rose strait up for 20 feet. My last build had 3 each 1" openings.

Ever heard the old joke involving a ping pong ball and a garden hose?:icon_shy

Now Now........... It's only UDS, CPR. Not an Ugly Drum Bl.....Jo... OK, I'll go to the woodshed. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna say it, I'm not gonna say it!!!! I'm glad your blowing technique excited your UDS enough to get it all hot and back up to temp. I hope that you were considerate enough to give it a reacharound and open up all its vents after the deed was done. If the UDS was smoking afterward..............I'm sure it was good for the UDS.

? is..........was it good for you too.

Dang it............I sed it!

Bob:becky:

Lastly, did your UDS ask for your number?

Now Now........... It's only UDS, CPR. Not an Ugly Drum Bl.....Jo... OK, I'll go to the woodshed. :rolleyes:

How would you perform CPR?:becky: The lungs are not connected to the ...........(I'm not going there!)

Bob

Back