MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:42 AM   #121
DisplacedVol
Knows what a fatty is.

Found this in another thread and bumping it up. My parents got me a 36" as an engagement present last fall and I've only had the chance to cook on it twice. After reading though this thread that needs to change here pretty quick! Is the grill brick referenced earlier in this thread still the best way to deal with anything that may stick? Haven't had an issue yet but would like to have something ready just in case-
DisplacedVol is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2018, 11:04 AM   #122
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Everything I've read says to clean it, just use water and a spatula/scraper while it's hot to get off anything stuck. You want the Blackstone to be seasoned like a good piece of cast iron. Don't use something that will take off the seasoning when you clean...
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #123
DisplacedVol
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlsportster View Post
Everything I've read says to clean it, just use water and a spatula/scraper while it's hot to get off anything stuck. You want the Blackstone to be seasoned like a good piece of cast iron. Don't use something that will take off the seasoning when you clean...
Roger that, thanks. Tacos on the menu tonight. Have some ground beef that needs to be eaten & grabbed some BS chicken thighs to make it a party. Nice evening out here in SC KY.
DisplacedVol is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #124
KenC52
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : KenC

This is what happens when you spend too much time reading this thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_61803.jpg (10.3 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg image_61802.jpg (10.2 KB, 443 views)
KenC52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-13-2018, 09:00 AM   #125
frankenfab
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Just saw this but sure fellas. Two version below.

Straight forward actually. Some refrigerate the cooked rice overnight but I don't and still end up with great results.

Unsalted, cooked rice on to warm up, then green onions (optional)

Then add soy sauce until you get a nice brown hue

Fry the mix to your liking but careful not to burn. A few mins before the end crack the eggs, scramble and mix everything together. Add as many eggs as you'd like.

Second version is again cooked rice and frozen peas and carrots out of the bag. (Some also add small, cubed ham to this as well)

Fry until there is light char marks on the peas and carrots or soft, add soy sauce, mix everything altogether with the eggs coming in last once again

Simple yet delicious

I use the second recipe, but use a little sesame oil, and add sesame seeds.
frankenfab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #126
BuffettFan
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Terry

My new 36 should be waiting for me when I get home from work tonight.
I'll try to post pics of the unboxing, assembly and seasoning followed by the first cook.
Thread here:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...=265750&page=3

Old 10-20-2018, 07:24 PM   #127
BuffettFan
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssv3 View Post
Just saw this but sure fellas. Two version below.

Straight forward actually. Some refrigerate the cooked rice overnight but I don't and still end up with great results.

Unsalted, cooked rice on to warm up, then green onions (optional)

Then add soy sauce until you get a nice brown hue

Fry the mix to your liking but careful not to burn. A few mins before the end crack the eggs, scramble and mix everything together. Add as many eggs as you'd like.

Second version is again cooked rice and frozen peas and carrots out of the bag. (Some also add small, cubed ham to this as well)

Fry until there is light char marks on the peas and carrots or soft, add soy sauce, mix everything altogether with the eggs coming in last once again

Simple yet delicious

I made the peas and carrots version tonight. Loved it!
Did some shrimp with a bit of Moose's wing rub along side of it, mmmmm good!

Old 10-26-2018, 07:13 AM   #128
BuffettFan
is One Chatty Farker

Default Breakfast for supper, Blackstone style

"Veggie" Omelets for supper last night. With ham, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, green onions and cheese.
Waffle House-ish Hash Browns, smothered and covered with some wheat toast. All on the BS 36. My garage smells like a diner and I'm okay with that!

Last edited by BuffettFan; 06-03-2020 at 02:09 PM..
BuffettFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2018, 08:42 AM   #129
PaSmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

I love "breakfast-for-dinner"!!..Nicely done
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Big Drum Smoker,Stainless Steel Gasser, Mini "UDS", Weber Jumbo Joe, [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ORANGE[/COLOR] Kamado Cadet, Weber OTS, Weber "Baby Q", Blackstone Pizza Oven, Blackstone Griddle, Turkey Fryer/"Low Country Boil Maker" [/FONT],[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Big Easy Oil-Less Turkey Fryer[/FONT], [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]various other nonsense devices[/FONT]
[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Comic Sans MS]“I make it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time.” Mark Twain [COLOR=red](Obviously doesn't apply to fatties)[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
PaSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #130
BuffettFan
is One Chatty Farker

Trimmed up brisket for tomorrow morning.
Took off about a pound and a half of flat meat and ground it up with some of the fat trimmings, pattied it up and had green chili and cheese brisket burgers.
Mrs Fan said they were the best burgers she's ever had.
Now she wants me to grind the rest of the brisket.
Might need to upgrade from Grandma's grinder for that.

Sorry, got the pictures out of order.

Last edited by BuffettFan; 06-03-2020 at 02:09 PM..
BuffettFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2021, 02:51 PM   #131
RogerThat99
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Roger

I'm sure more people have Blackstones since 2018.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
RogerThat99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2023, 10:30 AM   #132
bigb56
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Name/Nickname : Brian
Default New Member

Hello from sunny Tucson, Arizona. I just joined the forum and bringing this old thread to the top as I am awaiting delivery of a Blackstone "On The Go" combo with a griddle and grill both with lids. I'd put up a link but that's probably not allowed being as I'm a new member.
Anyway I plan to convert it to NG. I sent messages to Blackstone and asked on Amazon if this model can be converted but received no answers, will have to look it over when I receive it.
I already have a rack of lamb and some sea scallops waiting!
I also have an old 5 burner Turbo by BBQs Galore that has seen better days and needs valves, not sure what I'll do with that one.
I also have a cheap Char Broil charcoal grill in a barrel shape with a smoke stack that I may try converting into a smoker.
I'm not really an expert BBQ guy but going to get into it a bit more and looking forward to ideas and recipes from the forum. My first job was in the meat business and I was a meat cutter for many years so I have no problem finding what I want at the market and knowing all the cuts and what to do with them but I could use a little work on the final seasoning and cooking. If anyone has questions about different cuts I can help with that!
First purchase will probably be a good folding cooking thermometer.
Anyway glad to be here and looking forward to some outdoor cooking!

Last edited by bigb56; 06-25-2023 at 10:39 AM..
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2023, 11:01 AM   #133
BuffettFan
is One Chatty Farker

Welocme to the forum, Brian!

Lots of great folks here willing to help out any way they can.

I'm a Blackstone fan myself.
I just sold my Tailgater and replaced it with a 17" table top and WeberQ1200.
The Tailgater was great, but we camp and the individual units are easier to use on one night stops.
I have a 36 at home that sees use a couple times a week.
They're great tools to have.

Old 06-25-2023, 11:10 AM   #134
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffettFan View Post
I made the peas and carrots version tonight. Loved it!
Did some shrimp with a bit of Moose's wing rub along side of it, mmmmm good!
That's awesome Terry! There are times that I dearly miss my 36 because of the massive space but I had too many cookers so I had to make room so I sold off the 36 and my Weber performer which is another one that I loved. Got a 28 for $50 on clearance some years back and used the flattop on my DCS to save space.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #135
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
Hello from sunny Tucson, Arizona. I just joined the forum and bringing this old thread to the top as I am awaiting delivery of a Blackstone "On The Go" combo with a griddle and grill both with lids. I'd put up a link but that's probably not allowed being as I'm a new member.
Anyway I plan to convert it to NG. I sent messages to Blackstone and asked on Amazon if this model can be converted but received no answers, will have to look it over when I receive it.
I already have a rack of lamb and some sea scallops waiting!
I also have an old 5 burner Turbo by BBQs Galore that has seen better days and needs valves, not sure what I'll do with that one.
I also have a cheap Char Broil charcoal grill in a barrel shape with a smoke stack that I may try converting into a smoker.
I'm not really an expert BBQ guy but going to get into it a bit more and looking forward to ideas and recipes from the forum. My first job was in the meat business and I was a meat cutter for many years so I have no problem finding what I want at the market and knowing all the cuts and what to do with them but I could use a little work on the final seasoning and cooking. If anyone has questions about different cuts I can help with that!
First purchase will probably be a good folding cooking thermometer.
Anyway glad to be here and looking forward to some outdoor cooking!
Welcome! This is definitely the place to be if you want to advance yourself in bbq or cooking in general. Great folks on here.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blackstone, griddle, pizza oven