Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
On day 2, of 3 days off and decided to make some breakfast pizza. Per the special rules, I am stating that this is for the TD this week, and it is very much so cooked in a flat.

Made some dough just after starting the morning coffee.
bp1.jpg

Set the dough aside to rise, and started on the rest of it.
bp2.jpg

Frying up the Chorizo in the cast iron.
bp3.jpg

I didn't have any homemade bacon around (still waiting on my resupply of pork belly) So Costco bacon had to do. Just added some fresh ground pback pepper.
bp4.jpg

By the time the meats were done the dough was ready. Rolled it out with some cornmeal.
bp5.jpg

Onto the griddle it went. Cooked it for about 5 min then turned it over to add the sauce and toppings.
bp6.jpg

Get'in ready. Ignore the coffee. That was for the cook, not the pizza!
bp8.jpg

For the sauce I used a homemade Hollandaise sauce. It is a breakfast pie after all.
bp9.jpg

And now the cheese
bp10.jpg

The Chorizo
bp11.jpg

And of course the bacon!
bp12.jpg

I don't have a fancy pizza oven so i used at lid from one of my chafers.
bp7.jpg

Added 3 fried eggs.
bp13.jpg

And there you have it!
bp14use.jpg

bp15use.jpg

On the plate. Time to eat!
bp16.jpg

And that is my homemade dough, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, chorizo, bacon, hollandaise and egg pizza.

It all turned out really well. My wife and I love the pizza. In fact we had it for two meals. I will be doing this one again for sure.

Sorry for all the pics and the long post.

Thanks for looking.

Nicely done! Since I purchased my black stone griddle I've been dreaming of making pizza on it! Just couldn't figure out how! Thanks for the post! Awesome looking pizza!

Yum Josh! I love griddle pizza. Yours looks outstanding!! Wish I had a slice or two right now. Well done Sir! :grin:

Back