High Plains Shenanigans - Beef Ribs w/ Pr0n

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Marc
Bosslady asked for beef this weekend (crazy lady's trying to stay away from pork for 30 days... :shock: :twitch: :loco:).

I think I've cooked beef shorties twice in my life, and they've always been from the manager's special bin at the grocery.

You folks've schooled me in the ways of finding a full plate from our local butcher.

I had a hard time deciding what rub to apply, as we're big fans of Adkins on brisket. We taste-tested Adkins, Suckle Busters Hoochie Mama, and Texas Bold Brisket Rub from Lucky Dawgs' BBQ (in the cute blue package at the grocery). They're all about the same with varying levels of sweetness, but the Texas Bold Brisket Rub has a punch of black pepper that won CINCHOUSE's heart for the day.

ouoWdemh.jpg

A mixture of oak and pecan between 250-330 for about 3 hours...

LkwtDOIh.jpg

At 3 hours, I liked the color, but needed to go for tenderness.

EQydKtNh.jpg

I let that go for another 90 minutes, when she passed the toothpick test.

My supervisor (below) told me to put 'em in a warm oven until we carve and eat (about 2-3 hours).

B3fXxTUh.jpg

More to follow.

I could go without pork for 30 days, if I had short ribs everyday.

If you haven't given it a try, Naturiffic Q-salt is ridiculously good on beef. It is surprisingly good on chicken and pork too.

If you haven't given it a try, Naturiffic Q-salt is ridiculously good on beef. It is surprisingly good on chicken and pork too.

Absolutely! John & Co really found a great thing with their Q-Salt. Now, I need to get off my fat butt and put in an order for real.

Last edited:
Man, wishing that I was your neighbor right about now. Smelling them would be the next best thing to sitting at your table. Nice job, waiting for the final verdict.

Sorry for the delay - Just finished up hitting those bones hard.

As9qWFRh.jpg

Munchkin's plate with grilled asparagus, beans, and short rib.

mqUCIiRh.jpg

Daddy's plate of the same.

HVdN5o6h.jpg

Oh, Shazam! That's delicious! Tender. Juicy. A little spicy.

Forget hanging around for Grocery Store scraps... buy a full plate and smoke it. SOOOO much better.

COS - I see you lurking... hope you're doing well, mate. It's been a long while.

I do like your High Plains Shenanigans... Great work there Shadow, the boss lady and your supervisor definitely know what they are talking about.

Back