myron mixon's restaurant

nmeyer414

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
has anybody eaten at Myron mixons pitmaster restaurant in Alexandria, va?

what were your thoughts?

Ate there last July and it was not bad. Had the combo plate with ribs and brisket. Even met Myron. I think the place just opened.

My Daughter took me there for a birthday early lunch. The Q was a little above average, and pricing was reasonable. We went with an family platter, 1/2# smoked chicken, 1/2# pulled pork, 1/2# Brisket, 1/2 rack ribs, some sausages and three sides. Mid $50 if I remember. And $1 Mimosas during brunch hour. Worth going if your in Old Town. The only other Q I've had that I can recommend in the Old Town area is Sweet Fire Donna's Barbecue and Hops, similar quality and price. Can't really compare either to what I get off my Karubeque C-60. :grin:

I work in Arlington and didn't know Mixon had a place in Alexandria. I will check it out.

I had the 3 meat combo plate as well with brisket, sausage and ribs. I honestly thought it was really good. the ribs were not dry and I didn't have to fight them from the bone and had a good smoke flavor. the brisket was not a huge chunk of fat, it was moist and tasted really good. the sausage had a good snap to it and tasted pretty good.

I also had the beans and slaw which were both really good.

I would go back there again for sure.

Back