Pellet grill guys an gals

I mainly use Lumberjack and have had good results. The Lowes next to my house had the Weber Hickory pellets on clearance for 10 bucks a bag so picked up a few. Tried them yesterday and they were great the chuck roast had great smoke flavor. They normally charge 16 bucks a bag which I would never pay, but if your Lowes has them on clearance they are pretty good.

Pellet grills are easy to use. No real tricks other than to make sure it is plugged in. Just understand that these grills burn really clean so for more smoke flavor you need to cook at low temperatures. This is especially important with large cuts like brisket and pork butt.

As far as pellets go, I have found the very best is cookinpellets 100% hickory. If I want a lighter smoke flavor I like cookinpellets perfect mix, which is really nice. I have used Lumberjack and it is good too. B&B is good too and is really easy to find around here. Best place to buy is at Academy Sports. Their post oak is nasty as hell but mesquite and Pecan is really good. In fact their pecan is by favorite pecan of any brand.

But it really boils down to what is readily available in your area. Half the fun is trying a bunch of different brands and types and seeing what works for you

Back