frozen butt

R

RIX

How long will pork butt stay good in the freezer if they are not in the cryovac, just wrapped in about 5 good layers of plastic wrap?

How long will pork butt stay good in the freezer if they are not in the cryovac, just wrapped in about 5 good layers of plastic wrap?

Raw? In a real deep freeze?

Till you need them, if a hurricane does not come along and kill your power:redface:

Seriously, in a good freezer, meat will last almost indefinitely, only thing might be slight dehydration over long time.

Raw? In a real deep freeze?

Till you need them, if a hurricane does not come along and kill your power:redface:

Seriously, in a good freezer, meat will last almost indefinitely, only thing might be slight dehydration over long time.

Yes it was raw when I before I wraped it up and put it in the freezer. I am just putting it in my freezer that in part of the fridge which I assume is good enough to keep it froze. I plan on using it in the next 3-4 weeks, just want to make sure it will be ok. Thanks

Yes it was raw when I before I wraped it up and put it in the freezer. I am just putting it in my freezer that in part of the fridge which I assume is good enough to keep it froze. I plan on using it in the next 3-4 weeks, just want to make sure it will be ok. Thanks

3 to 4 weeks is not going to be a problem if done as you described.

TIM

RIX, refrigerator freezer is a different matter than a dedicated deep freeze. The freezer that is part of your fridge does not get nearly as cold as a deep freeze, and the temps fluctuate more.

However, you will be fine in a 3-4 week time frame. A solid chunk of meat like a pork butt should be fine in a good fridge freezer for at least 3 months if it is wrapped securely.

Back