That constant 9AM Question

TC Smoke & Que

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
"I dont know, what do you want for dinner", Every morning, the conversation that usually ends with "I dont know" Well I suggested CSR's with some Huli Huli sauce. Got the OK!!:biggrin1:

So dove the freezer and started the defrost, then marinated for a couple of hours, then on to the grill.
No "action" shots but here's the result.Served with Coconut / Ginger rice and Asian Vegetables.

Last edited:
Scenario #1
Any preference?
No
Meat or sides—- your choice.
Silence?
I got meats- sides are yours

Scenario #2
We’re going to Rosa’s, they have giant chocolate cake
Wife-smiles

#1 usually works & #2 always works

That is a solid answer no matter what the question is. Everything looked great and I liked the idea for the sides.

Scenario #1
Any preference?
No
Silence?

Scenario #2
Wife-smiles

the division of labor around our house goes like this, meat is on me and :becky: handles the sides. if she doesn't feel like cooking I'm good going carnivore

Scenario #1
Any preference?
No
Silence?

Scenario #2
Wife-smiles

#2 is Always a winner if it includes Pizza!!, or any other Italian food!:clap2:

the division of labor around our house goes like this, meat is on me and :becky: handles the sides. if she doesn't feel like cooking I'm good going carnivore

I normally do the cooking for dinner, but have to make sure the Bride is satisfied with the choice. I prefer it that way, two different cooking styles that sometimes just "clash".

Nice. The Huli Huli is great, tried one a few weeks back myself.

As to "what's for dinner? " Well, I'm the executive chef and the first one up every morning so I just pick and choose what I think we'll both be in the mood for. Rarely (I'd almost say never) does my wife complain about my executive decisions.

Nice. The Huli Huli is great, tried one a few weeks back myself.

As to "what's for dinner? " Well, I'm the executive chef and the first one up every morning so I just pick and choose what I think we'll both be in the mood for. Rarely (I'd almost say never) does my wife complain about my executive decisions.

Smart lady, if you complain you get the job :-D. Will have to try the huli huli, looks really good. First I heard of it too

Smart lady, if you complain you get the job :-D. Will have to try the huli huli, looks really good. First I heard of it too

Here is the Recipe I use for the Huli Huli Marinade / Sauce. Its pretty simple and best if you let it "get Happy" overnight in the refrig.
Some of the meats I have used it on: Chicken (original design for the sauce) Pork Tenderloin, Ribs, Shish-Ka-Bob's, and now Country Style Ribs.
Huli Huli means "turn- turn", usually I will cook off direct heat untill I am 20 degrees from finish temp then start light glaze per side and turn and repeat until done.

1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Ketchup
3/4 cup reduced sodium Soy Sauce
1/3 cup Sherry or Chicken Broth
2 Tblsp Minced fresh Ginger root
2 Tblsp Minced Garlic
** Can use more of last two items to taste**

Wisk / Blend Well, Let sit in refrig overnight.

Back