Brand new Klose smoker and first cook!

BBQscott

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is getting into the catering business and just purchased this bad boy! It's a Klose 30x96 trailer custom build. He did about 18 racks of ribs and turned out amazing. If anyone has any advice for starting a business we would love to hear from you! I have a few pictures and a video of when I was there.

Video from Klose himself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1yTKmUqfk8

A video from the cook: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940M38IQtTc

Attachments

• SmokerTrailer1.jpg
    SmokerTrailer1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 383
  • SmokerTrailer2.jpg
    SmokerTrailer2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 379
  • SmokerTrailer3.jpg
    SmokerTrailer3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 376
  • SmokerRibs.jpg
    SmokerRibs.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 376
  • smokerRibs2.jpg
    smokerRibs2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
Sweet lookin’ rig,,,,
Advice ,,,,,just go for it and pay the fines and figure it out,,,,,
Just kiddin’,,,,,,,,
Do ur due diligence cuz it’s different everywhere
Ur will need a safe server certificate at the least

Sweet lookin’ rig,,,,
Advice ,,,,,just go for it and pay the fines and figure it out,,,,,
Just kiddin’,,,,,,,,
Do ur due diligence cuz it’s different everywhere
Ur will need a safe server certificate at the least

Yeah I hear you there, the county he will be cooking in mostly has tons of food safety laws and permits... No easy task for sure.

Curious why he chose a Klose versus another brand. Not that there is anything wrong with a Klose but, I don't hear about them very often.

Primitive Pits, Moberg, Austim Smokeworks and, Millscale are what I see most often but, Evie Mae and others build good pits too.

Wow that’s an awesome pit. Enjoy smoking on her 👍😁

Yeah I hear you there, the county he will be cooking in mostly has tons of food safety laws and permits... No easy task for sure.

That's a cause for concern...do you know if they will allow you (or your buddy) to serve food to the public without an NSF approved smoker? We see it often here on the Brethren where people buy large offsets to start a business, and then they end up not being able to use that smoker.

I ran into it myself here in eastern North Ccarolina...where restaurants are literally cooking pigs in cinder block pits. Unreal how the food code is applied differently to mobile operations than it is to "brick and mortar" restaurants.

Sweet rig! I'm guessing it takes a while for that whole pit to warm up - that's a lot of metal right there! Great choice - it's gonna last forever.

That's a cause for concern...do you know if they will allow you (or your buddy) to serve food to the public without an NSF approved smoker? We see it often here on the Brethren where people buy large offsets to start a business, and then they end up not being able to use that smoker.

I ran into it myself here in eastern North Ccarolina...where restaurants are literally cooking pigs in cinder block pits. Unreal how the food code is applied differently to mobile operations than it is to "brick and mortar" restaurants.

That's a great question. I have no clue if he meets or needs to meet this NSF standard. First I have heard of it. Any idea what this means exactly? Thanks for the heads up.

Back