• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Graceland to Nashville

h2opoolproducts

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Hey guys...We are taking a road trip from Graceland to Nashville this weekend and were hoping to get some suggestions for great bbq along the way. It is a quick trip so wanted to make sure I don't waste my time with sub-par bbq.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks! We will be on the road around lunch so I am looking for more of an old school BBQ joint. I will remember that place in case I am ever there for dinner. I found Rendezvous BBQ online, which looked pretty cool.

Rendezvous is the famous place in Memphis. I don't know much about that side of the state. No fantastic BBQ places that I've found so far in Nashville. Martin's is pretty decent but not top notch. If you come here, get real deal Hot Chicken.

Gus's Famous Fried Chicken near Memphis is better than any BBQ I've found in the area. It's silly how good their chicken is.

The Outpost near Pickwick Dam is about halfway between Memphis and Nashville. It’s a nice little local place with decent food. Moe’s in Franklin Tn has great slaw decent pulled pork and great smoked wings.

I haven't been to this spot yet, but this is where I'd go:

https://www.southernfoodways.org/film/whole-hog/

Old school whole hog. I think it's a little off the path, but it may be worth it.

I'll second Gus' - love that place! They've opened a couple locations out here which has been bad for my belt line. :oops:

I've eaten at Martin's in Nashville and enjoyed it, and I've heard good things about Peg Leg Porkers.

There's also Puckett's in Nashville & Franklin. I've been to the one in Franklin. Not a BBQ spot, but a restaurant that has good BBQ on offer. Great place all around.

Peg Leg Porkers is definitely worth the trip. I still have the souvenir cups from my trip in 2016.

Judge Beans in Nashville was good but since nobody mentioned it, may not be anymore. Looks like the Brentwood location is still open.

Back