Traditional Thanksgiving Eve BBQ--semi live cook thread

SweetHeatBBQnSC

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
My FIL and I have smoked Butts for the last 3 years on Thanksgiving eve for supper. Today the tradition continues. I had to take my daughter to the dentist so he put them on our gas hog cooker instead. Put on at 7 A.M. 2nd pic is 5 hours in. Now they are tucked away for an hour rest while he cooks a ham shank pileau. Good food and good times! We will start pulling at 6 P.M. More pics to follow.
29c4d828a3da7b6e25b862908e650a12.jpg
598d3c941494df059aa8467b1f80b735.jpg
3058a1520f4a247353ae3ee9f8e46dc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Joedy, Happy Thanksgiving to You and the Family!!
I would say yall have some great Traditions and the butts look perfect, I love Butter Beans! Was there some sweet Corn Bread there too?
I am betting even a trip to the dentist wont stop your daughter from hitting that hard!!

Last edited:
That's what it's all about, Joedy. Nice job by everyone! What was your sauce of choice for the pork? The Carolinas seem to have so many.

Wow. Looks great. Happy Thanksgiving! Learned a new word today, "pileau". Had to look that one up. Thanks for the photo tour!

Joedy, Happy Thanksgiving to You and the Family!!
I would say yall have some great Traditions and the butts look perfect, I love Butter Beans! Was there some sweet Corn Bread there too?
I am betting even a trip to the dentist wont stop your daughter from hitting that hard!!

Rick there would've been some if we weren't having dressing overload the next day. The miniature definitely got the good out of it. She loves BBQ and pileau...must get it from her daddy.

That's what it's all about, Joedy. Nice job by everyone! What was your sauce of choice for the pork? The Carolinas seem to have so many.

Ron, we are close to the coast so we are all Vinegar & Pepper sauce here. Through the last year or two I've tried the other state sauces and I honestly like them all even mustard now. For a long time I only liked mustard sauce on chicken, but now I enjoy it on pork as well.

Great tradition and looks awesome. In fact so good it probably makes Thanksgiving a bit anti climatic

That's some good lookin' pulled pork. Show me the pulled pork tacos that I know you're gonna' use the left over pork on. Please.

Back