Looking for suggestions on seasoning for the turkey

Dweverett

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My wife will be cooking one in the oven but for fun, I'm doing another on the Rectec. Can't decide how to season it. Could go the BBQ route with something like Dirty Bird to be different than hers but worried that it would burn given the relatively longer duration of a turkey.

Any ideas?

Good ole S&P is always great, maybe add a little garlic powder & onion powder. Also Cavender's Greek Seasoning is a winner IMO - great with poultry - love that stuff.

I did mine in Harvest Brine, but frequently use plain ol kosher salt and fine ground black pepper on poultry.

I keep mine simple, I'm just using an AP rub (elk creek) and will add some add herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme)

After brining, I like making a mix of rosemary, thyme, oregano and garlic powder with a little black and white pepper. Gtr's suggestion of Cavenders Greek seasoning would give a similar flavor profile.

Dry brine here, too.

Kosher salt, pepper and a little montreal chicken.

Going to mix up a compound butter with some thyme, sage and rosemary to put under skin. Stuffing with an onion, apple, celery and lemon.

Basting with butter w/ some lemon and orange zest every half hour or so.

Plowboys yardbird seasoning is my favorite one turkey an chicken now a days. Melt some butter add a little seasoning an inject around the whole turkey

Another vote for Cavender’s.That Weber Kickin Chicken is pretty tastee too.

Back