Anyone else have this issue with their Fireboard?

Wazzufan88

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Over the last few months I have been battling connection/shut down issues in the middle of a cook. It will take restarts of my phone, the unit itself and then getting on the Fireboard website to regain control of the controller. It is especially troublesome when I am not home and I have to watch the pit temp drop. This has been going on since April/May.

I have been emailing back and forth with Maureen from Fireboard and she wants to continue to troubleshoot instead of replace/repair.

Is this problem unique to me or has anyone else had an issue like this?

Over the last few months I have been battling connection/shut down issues in the middle of a cook. It will take restarts of my phone, the unit itself and then getting on the Fireboard website to regain control of the controller. It is especially troublesome when I am not home and I have to watch the pit temp drop. This has been going on since April/May.

I have been emailing back and forth with Maureen from Fireboard and she wants to continue to troubleshoot instead of replace/repair.

I'd be 100% up front with Maureen from Fireboard and tell them you've lost confidence in the product. Request a refund and see what they say...it might push the process along quicker. The whole point of a system such as this is so that you don't have to worry about your cooker, and with the product failing you may as well not even be using the thing. Those units cost too much to have to play the troubleshooting game for more than one or two tries. They are also very small so shipping out a new unit / you sending the old one back is very easy to do.

If you've been having problems for multiple months then that's just too long. There is no need to troubleshoot a product for that long...if she doesn't give you the answer you like I'd try and escalate the situation to someone higher.

Never have any connection issues, but i have been having login issues which render Wifi useless.

BTW, I emailed Fireboard about this, and it took them 2 WEEKS to send me a vague generic email saying to reset my email and password.

This happened on both the APP and web based browser. So in my opinion is not an isolated issue. Sounds more like a server security issue.

Mine has been rock solid. Obviously it’s an issue on your end or theirs...

If you don’t typically have connection issues with your wifi and phone/iPad I would push hard for a replacement.

Sorry for the hassle but man mine has been so worth it. I even installed a $400 Orbi wifi extender to make it happen for my cookers. No regrets.

You’ll be greatly rewarded once you figure it out

Fireboard

Hi I also had this problem 1st with my New Rec Tec pellet grill. Their answer was to get a WiFi extender. It was MPIA to set up but with work for the grill.

I also have had connections problems with my FB2..Mine was mainly due to weak WiFi signals from my router.

The other day I was once again testing my FB2 and connected to my router the signal was weak. I then some how got the FB2 to connect with the extender and it work. I just hope I can get the FB2 once again connected too the exender.

Not saying your problem is the same.

Good Luck to u and let us know what happens in your case
DanB

Thanks guys. Not sure if they have someone that monitors this site but it was about 10 minutes after I posted on here that I got an email back from them asking me to send it in. Coincidence?? I will send the controller in and hope it gets figured out.

Fireboard

Thanks guys. Not sure if they have someone that monitors this site but it was about 10 minutes after I posted on here that I got an email back from them asking me to send it in. Coincidence?? I will send the controller in and hope it gets figured out.

Hi WOW Thats is excellent. I've been e-mailing/Hayen @ FB for 2 weeks now. I'm hoping the WiFi extender solved my problem.
DanB
PS When Fireboard does work it is awesome:thumb:!

I agree, that is what is so disappointing. When it is running right it is the best controller I have had.

What kind or WiFi router do you have? Eero mesh WiFi routers have been known to spontaneously block things. My FirBoard has been rock solid for years-and was last time I used it last week. If you don’t have mesh WiFi yet I highly recommend it. Google WiFi gets good reviews. I have a Plume mesh WiFi with lifetime subscription to their optimization service, and it is amazing how good it is. Not sure the lifetime service is offered anymore.

I just have one of the Xfinity routers. I am not sure about it losing the connection to it since I still receive the pit temp. The unit ends up just shutting down several times until I restart everything and go to their website to control it. Bizarre.

Back