To Early For Bourbon šŸ„ƒ??

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Whilst Reading the Legends Of Texas BBQ a while back I came across a Johnny Trigg recipe where you Season and wrap ribs first. Walk completed-fire started in SOB and about to get on bike- this is my ā€œseveralā€ time to do this- and Wife really likes them so thatā€™s what shall be today. Bone SS Rub, Butter, Tiger Sauce And splashes of WT81. Scrunched Up Wrapped tight and upside down in the cooker. These are going to be glazed-sauced into Pork oblivion later. Kind of bone in candied Pork. Iā€™ll check on them at 12:45

Last edited:
Iā€™m pretty impressed with the Wild Turkey 81. I mean I love 101, but 81 definitely rocks the price point

How long did you leave them in the foil to begin with? about an hour 45? I've done something similar to this- but in the oven then out to the gasser to get color and a glaze. Takes about 2 hours... good rib - very tender but no coals, no wood = no smoke. Wife likes them - so every now and again, I have to.

1:30-2 hours meat side down in foil
Took foil off and let go 30 minutes meat side up
About another 15-20 minutes glazing three times
Then directly over coals about 3 minutes each side
Then let Len cool down for about 25 minutes before eating

Iā€™ve cut back on Smoke for the bride myself. Occasionally will throw some chips on for ambience. I use a Thermapen for a probe and they Temped 187-200.

Last edited:
Ribs were drinking, I wasnā€™t

Nice looking cook Adams. Sounds like a nice little change. Might have to give that a try soon

For some reason Turkey 81 is usually priced higher than Turkey 101 where I shop, so I pretty much canā€™t afford to not buy it.

Them are some beautiful Ribs there brother!
I am going to try that method soon because it is always nice to change the process of adventure. What temp did you run them at in the foil? Thanks as always for the "Ride Along" and the mouth watering pics!
Dont drink, but raise my coffee cup to your cook this morning!!

Them are some beautiful Ribs there brother!
I am going to try that method soon because it is always nice to change the process of adventure. What temp did you run them at in the foil? Thanks as always for the "Ride Along" and the mouth watering pics!
Dont drink, but raise my coffee cup to your cook this morning!!

I strive for 275* but I think I saw 325*. Iā€™d think anything above 225* would be cooking(braising/boiling/expediting)
Iā€™m thinking it just depends on your time frame. Youā€™re actually cooking these in half the time-at least. I guess itā€™s kind of reverse sear for ribs. Theyā€™re not going to be as smokey but they are going to be delicious.

The Book Legends Of Texas Barbecue (revised & updated with 32 new recipes edition) pages 86-87.

Last edited:
Beautiful cook and delivery

Another to add to my 'to-do' when "time to cook ribs' comes knocking

Thanks

Back