Lonestar Vs Workhorse?

Oblongada

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
There are multiple threads with these exact questions. If that’s your only two choices. Workhorse. But there are a plethora of builders out there that are just as good if not better than both.

@ruger35 - what would be your recommendation for builders at a similar price point? I live in NC so the nearer the better. Thanks.

If you go lsg get the 20x42 its worth the few bucks to get the bigger box. I love my lsg 20x42 it puts out sum great q. I can not say anything about the workhorse but I have seen good reviews about it.

Workhorse is what I would buy if it was between the 2.. Collector,long Stack, 3/8 metal, and a guy that knows how to run true Stick burners..KSG is good, but in my opinion, companies that build 1000- 500-250 gallon smokers like JD builds have a edge on draft and draw and JD has the knowledge,and can back it up with his smokers being in the biggest BBQ joints in Texas, and that is saying something when there built in Georgia.. my 2 cents

For what it's worth I remember when LSG came out with their new "Crossflow" smokers there were quite a few people complaining about drafting issues. I have no idea how serious that issue was, but it was something I noticed here on the Brethren, on Facebook BBQ forums, and on the Meat Smoking forum. I also am not a fan of LSG because of their incorrect stance on reverse flow smokers (check out their FAQ if you're interested).

At this point I think Workhorse is making the most affordable, well crafted, direct flow, back yard smoker on the market. Everything I see and hear about their pits is positive and I haven't heard a single complaint about airflow or drafting. So that's 100% the way I would go.

Back