MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Welcome to The Brethren > *Welcome to Our Humble Abode* New member forum.(Read-Only)

Notices

*Welcome to Our Humble Abode* New member forum.(Read-Only) Welcome to The BBQ Brethren. An Online community dedicated to the art of Low and slow. Look here first to see who we are and how we do things.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 PM   #16
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

I say we have the guy beaten and force him to watch the same slide shows from Grand Canyon vacations, over and over again.

I dream of the day someone thinks my photos are so good they want to use them as examples of quality food art.

It appears at least one person attempted to handle this "behind closed doors" which is where it should have stayed.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
Thanks from:--->

Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 PM   #17
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb03 View Post
I have to agree. Posting something on a public internet forum makes it fair game. It's not like he claimed them to be his own. Isn't that why you spend the time to watermark them?
i am not an attny. & don't claim to be but copyright law is fuzzy,- when you post it (on the net)under current cr u.s. law- that is cr & published material.
now you can spend the bucks & tr(trademark) you name & label your things under that- lot better protection but more costly- as far as i'm concerned- Rick should be in business......
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #18
blues_n_cues
is One Chatty Farker

sorry for another post but rick- you are truly great @ what you do..
do ya know what they do to food for mag ads or commercials to make them look good under lights- i'll just say varnishes & various silicone gels(non edible for sure). seriously think about tm'ing your stuff & working toward some photography gigs-
like i said, i would be happy to have you do some of my stuff for my site & menus but ya'd prolly outcook me too & we just can't have that, plus i can't play nice-nice w/ egg heads- lol.....
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 AM   #19
landarc

I know a few food bloggers and this is a huge problem for them. Anyone that shoots good photos should beware. In this case, the person that posted them came forward, but, I have a friend that has been chasing a person for over a year, has gotten ZERO help from the guys ISP and is finding his images used and sold for other peoples profits. It is a bummer as many of you guys post great photo's, I enjoy the pron here, Rick's efforts are pretty fine stock work if you ask me.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #20
BBQ Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I know a few food bloggers and this is a huge problem for them. Anyone that shoots good photos should beware. In this case, the person that posted them came forward, but, I have a friend that has been chasing a person for over a year, has gotten ZERO help from the guys ISP and is finding his images used and sold for other peoples profits. It is a bummer as many of you guys post great photo's, I enjoy the pron here, Rick's efforts are pretty fine stock work if you ask me.
Yes, people pirating other people's work has been a problem as long as their has been publishing. Thousands of years...

In this case it wasn't pirating. It was a misguided attempt to do a good thing. I've always found it to be a good policy to look at someone's "intent" before I got offended at something. From what's been presented here it doesn't look like malicious intent or someone wanting to steal someone else's work. Just someone trying to do something nice.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:02 PM   #21
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Situation has been taken offline by the 2 parties. Thread left as an example, but locked.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM