MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-28-2020, 10:59 AM   #1
blackdogbbq21
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Paul
Default Restaurant Depot KCBS

I keep a KCBS membership basically just for restaurant depot access. However every time I go into my local store it's a hassle getting the day pass. Yesterday the person working the desk tried to insist I was going to have to pay cash with the pass she gave me. Other times they have tried to refuse a pass outright even with all the KCBS info. I've also found getting assistance inside the store is near impossible. Just wondering if anyone else has issues with passes in their local stores. If I could source a couple items I purchase from them anywhere else I wouldn't bother going anymore.
blackdogbbq21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #2
morningwoodbbq
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

No issues here. I think the folks at the front desk know me now anyway. Never had to pay cash, though I did see a sign somewhere I think said that temp card people cannot buy seafood.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:55 AM   #3
Bubba Gup
On the road to being a farker

I printed the info from the KCBS site that has the instructions and KCBS account number on it and just keep it in my wallet with my KCBS membership card. Never had a problem just showing them those two things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bubba Gup is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

It only worked sporadically for me and became a PITA most of the time - even with the directions - so I dropped the KCBS membership. Luckily I was able to get a non-profit organization that I do cooks for signed up and I have a card through them. I can get a lot of the same stuff I want at Costco business center anyway.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #5
LYU370

My local store never even asks for any type of ID. I just ask for a day pass, tell them KCBS, they look up whatever code it is and I'm good to go.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2020, 02:55 PM   #6
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

No problem at all getting a day pass for me. Occasionally, I've got the confused look when the associate had never herd of it, but once I show them the instructions they work it out in short order.

Old 01-28-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
Zak
Full Fledged Farker

I had some slight issues the few times i went so i went to their website and emailed them directly asking about the KCBS membership and how it's been tough to get the pass because the people who are looking it up are having difficulties. Well not a half hour goes by and my phone rings, it's the manager of the store i shopped at. He appologized for my troubles and said that there should be no issues at all and if there are, he gave me his cell # to call. I never had any issues after that.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-28-2020, 07:15 PM   #8
LongTong
is one Smokin' Farker

No problem in the OC...

Old 01-28-2020, 07:36 PM   #9
BGEChicago
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : none

Hi Paul.

I go to the RD in Lombard, IL. The first time I went I gave them my KCBS credentials and walked out with this:
[IMG][/IMG]

I guess I got lucky, no day passes for me.

Thanks
Greg
BGEChicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-28-2020, 10:51 PM   #10
JAKs Q & brew
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jonah

I've considered getting a KCBS membership just for Restaurant Depot.

Is it worth it? What can i.get a RD that I cant at Costco?

Old 01-28-2020, 11:05 PM   #11
Mike in Roseville
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKs Q & brew View Post
I've considered getting a KCBS membership just for Restaurant Depot.

Is it worth it? What can i.get a RD that I cant at Costco?

SCA has RD memberships as a perk as well...although day passes are an issue as well with some stores (or so I've heard).

You can get 3 bone plate ribs and beef cheeks at RD which you can't get at Costco. I plan on heading down there Thursday so I can report back.
Mike in Roseville is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-28-2020, 11:59 PM   #12
LYU370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Roseville View Post
You can get 3 bone plate ribs and beef cheeks at RD which you can't get at Costco. I plan on heading down there Thursday so I can report back.
Depends on the part of the country you're in. I've never seen the 3 bone plate ribs in the Chicago area. We only have the 4 bone chuck ribs. Never seen beef cheeks either, have only seen them at Wally World.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2020, 01:03 AM   #13
Mike in Roseville
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Depends on the part of the country you're in. I've never seen the 3 bone plate ribs in the Chicago area. We only have the 4 bone chuck ribs. Never seen beef cheeks either, have only seen them at Wally World.

I guess I stand corrected. 4 bone chucks are common at Costco here...but the plates can be had at RD. I've never seen cheeks at my Wally World...only at a few area butchers.

So I guess I'll summarize...as for meat...YMMV.
Mike in Roseville is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2020, 07:16 AM   #14
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

This is all good for you that have access to a RD, I do not.
I have tried several times (and will again) to get KCBS to provide a similar program through Sam's Club. Those we got in spades!
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2020, 11:44 AM   #15
HouseDoc
Full Fledged Farker

Best thing I buy is the Ready To Cook, foil wrapped boneless turkey breasts. 4 breast to a box, 2 in each foil bag. 2 breast equal around 9 lbs. They smoke up great. Of course take them out of the oven foil bag. About 2.19lb when in stock.
HouseDoc is offline   Reply With Quote