Help with Weber please

IrishSimon

Got Wood.
Just acquired a new (to me) Weber 47cm with one touch cleaning system but one of the wings does not cover a vent when moved while the other two do.
Is it a question of realigning them and if so what is the best method of loosening them as they appear to be well seized to the nut.
Does the system come as 3 separate wings or is it a pre-assembled unit?

I dont reckon it has been converted. Two line up perfectly but one while the same lenght is not covering the vent. What would u recommend to loosen the nut as it is easy to bend the wings or is this even possible?

The blades are individual, but I think you can only buy them as a kit.
The hole in the blade that slips over the center pivot is hex shaped, so they can only be put on in 6 positions. Either one of the blades is put on wrong (Covers none of the vent hole) or is bent (covers part of the hole).
Good luck with your repair.

MANY THANKS GUYS.......thats just what I was needing to hear!
One last thing.....what would you recommend to loosen them as they are well seized up....Am trying WD40.
Thanks for going to the trouble of the manual deguerre

Yes each one is keyed to fit in the right spot BUT its so thin you could easily just bend it back into position.

if only it was that easy...... from what I am hearing it looks like they were installed in the wrong position originally. what would you recommend to loosen caked on grease and grime so I can readjust them?

Last edited:
MANY THANKS GUYS.......thats just what I was needing to hear!
One last thing.....what would you recommend to loosen them as they are well seized up....Am trying WD40.
Thanks for going to the trouble of the manual deguerre

No trouble 'tall! I'm just paying forward all the questions I've had answered here.:thumb::becky:

Does it look like this?

114.jpg

there are two styles.
one is the H style that frankie posted a picture of above.
It's pretty much impossible for the 3 blades to not line up with this style - as all 3 blades lock into the 2 vertical tabs.

with the Hex bolt version (older, no longer used) - the blades slip over a hex nut and can be misaligned and even slipped out of place with enough pressure.

my advice, replace your one touch cleaning system with the new style. It's an easy job. In the US, the new parts are less then 15 bucks.
(learned from the weber kettle club)

WD40 should loosen the gunk as well me Lad, we use it to remove tar from car Duco

I would take a grinder and cut the old retainer off and replace everything with new if rust penetrant wont loosen it

I would use something like Liquid Wrench or PB Blaster instead of WD 40

my guess is the blades were stuck to the bowl at some point and someone tried to force them and oblonged one of the blade tabs since they are just thin aluminum

you will know once you get it apart

Back