• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1000th Post! Just a roast beef sandwich.

Blythewood BBQ'er

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well it's my 1000th post here. Got to admit most have been cattle call welcomes and well wishes in d&r since I have limited cooking experience. I'm also starting a new job tomorrow and wanted to represent the Brethren in the break room with some smoked goodness! I spied a top sirloin roast at the store last night, but didn't grab it. Sadly it's probably in a crock pot being cooked to death. They had 2 eye of round roasts left. I hovered over them while I searched here on the phone for some quick tips. Picked the better of the two, grabbed some buns, mayo, pickles, and Worcestershire sauce. Came home and fired up the triton. Made a snake mixed with some mesquite chips. It was the first time I tried the snake method and it ran well. While it got right I mixed up a paste of Worcestershire, Bovine Bold, cracked pepper, and seasalt. Put it on the grill for about 2.5 hours. Took it to 128 it. Rested for awhile then took over to my parents to slice on the meat slicer. It was perfect! Tender, juicy, smokey, and seasoned perfectly. Even got a suprise of mom's homemade potato soup with SPAM!!! Here's the pron!

Last edited:
Nice way to celebrate your 1000th post. That's some fine looking roast beast. I have a sirloin tip on the kettle now. Not gonna bother getting the meat slicer out though.

Potato soup with Spam. Brilliant. Why the hell did I never think of that?

Yeah that's one thing I probably would not ever buy myself. Dad on the other hand will buy if he feels the need for it. He picked it up to slice some deer sausage last year. Had to knock the dust off of it. Figured it was worth some beef to use it.

Congrats on the milestone there Blythwood. Love the looks of the sliced roast. Looks just right for some mighty tasty sammys. I am jealous of your new work mates. We might be getting some new Brethren from your intro into what can be done with some smoke and heat in the right combination. Good job! Your mom's soup looks great. I like Spam, and there are ton's of ways to cook with it. I like it with some baked beans when camping or at the deer camp.

Blessings,

Omar

Back