MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
dwfisk
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Dave
Default Breaking in a new member of the team with Carne Crosta Ribeyes

Been wanting a cast iron Lodge Sportsman Grill for a while for when I need to sear a couple burgers or steaks for the wife and I. My first recollection of outdoor cooking was on one (before Lodge made them) when I was 5 years old at fish camp just east of Cherry Point MCAS on the Neuse River. I found this one on clearance (open box) at Bass Pro and decided to break it in with a few ribeyes.

Just set it up using my 26.75 OTG as a stand until I can fab a proper stand and cover.

At the last minute my wife's girlfriend asked us to throw one on for her. Our are seasoned with the new Oakridge Carne Crosta steakhouse rub, hers is just SPOG (no adventure in this girl, she likes her steaks well done too ).

Turned out a nice little Sunday dinner.

If y'all have not tried the Oakridge Carne Crosta steakhouse rub you really need to get yourself some, you won't be disappointed .

Thanks for lookin.

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-14-2015, 07:46 AM   #2
HossIsBoss
Full Fledged Farker

Man that looks awesome. I never get why people like well done steaks.

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
Stingerhook
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Marty

Dave, nice break in. The plate looks fantastic.

UDS now gone, WSM 18", WSM 22" and pellet pooper in the garage for 18 months now.
Stingerhook is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 07:55 AM   #4
Enrico Brandizzi
Babbling Farker

Carne Crosta You said??
It was a success for sure!

BBQness is on Youtube, Instagram & Flickr [/B]
Enrico Brandizzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 08:06 AM   #5
MisterChrister

Looks great Dave, and that's a cool little grill! I'm pretty amped, I've got 1# of Carne Crosta being delivered today, and I normally don't buy ready made rubs. The pr0n I've been seeing on here lately with it was more than I could bear!

Old 12-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #6
dwfisk

Name/Nickname : Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterChrister View Post
Looks great Dave, and that's a cool little grill! I'm pretty amped, I've got 1# of Carne Crosta being delivered today, and I normally don't buy ready made rubs. The pr0n I've been seeing on here lately with it was more than I could bear!
Like I said, you will not be disappointed; I've pretty much quit making my own rubs and seasonings. Between Oakridge, Tony Cachere's, Big Ron's and good old S&P I've got all I need

Old 12-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #7
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Wow that's a cool lookin little rig Dave!

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote