Another craigslist score!!

AJP

Full Fledged Farker
It is a Weber Genesis Silver B. It was nice and dirty inside and out. I took it all apart and scraped out all the greasy gunk and stuff on it. I cleaned out as much as i could and cleaned off the outside as best I could. I have the grill going full blast right now to try and burn off as much stuff as possible. What would you recommend to clean the outside really good? Also is weber.com the cheapest place to get a new electronic ignition?

20110704201708660.jpg

I'm confused really. It looks good on the outside to me on the pic. Maybe I just have dirty cookers?:confused: If it's greasy, used something like Simple Green to clean it up.

I'm confused really. It looks good on the outside to me on the pic. Maybe I just have dirty cookers?:confused: If it's greasy, used something like Simple Green to clean it up.

That pic is after I cleaned it up some. Still has a greasy film on it and the cracks and crevices have a ton of junk in them. The inside is looking light years better. I took a putty knife to it and got most of the stuff off then got it on high for about 45 minutes. It buried the needle on the thermometer and the side tables were starting to get hot so I shut it down. Now looks much better inside. But I was wondering if there was a way to get it looking brand new. Don't want to mess it up so I was checking here first.

409 or simple green. the other thing that works great for the outside would be the mr clean magic ereasers. they have a kitcken one that fights grease well. ( i usually cut it into 3rds so i can get more use out of it.)

BTW nice score

• Thanks
Reactions: AJP
409 or simple green. the other thing that works great for the outside would be the mr clean magic ereasers. they have a kitcken one that fights grease well. ( i usually cut it into 3rds so i can get more use out of it.)

BTW nice score

I figured simple green was a good idea but didn't want to ruin my grill.

Oh and is there any way to tell the age of a gasser like you can with the kettles?
Yep.

If you are standing in front of the grill, back left corner underneath should have a white tag stuck to the frame. Tag may have a bar code, model #, etc... It will also have the 2 letter date abbreviation.

A = 1
U = 2
T = 3
H = 4
O = 5
R = 6
I = 7
Z = 8
E = 9
D = 0

I think that I am going to try and clean with a bucket of water and dish soap first then hose it off, does that sound OK? I also ordered the igniter from amazon.com $11 with 2 day shipping.

Back