Butts and Pizza (pr0n inside)

Bob-B-Q

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Finally decided to post some of my pics. I love my OBS and having fun with it so far!!

The first set of pics is a couple of butts I did a couple weeks ago. Applied smoke for about 4 hours and after about 8 hours in the smoker took it out and foiled with apple juice and finished it in my oven. Total cook time was about 16 hours at 205*. Pulled it when it was about 195* IT. I have quickly figured out the Bradley is an unstable oven after the smoke part is all over. Until I decide if I want to buy a PID I will just use my house oven to finish longer smokes. It's not then ideal situation, but its all I got since I can't have charcoal on my balcony.

All slathered up and ready to go! YES! That is a boat load of garlic on top!! The wife loves garlic and so do I.
IMG_0103.jpg

Here they are out of the oven.

Partially shredded.

All shredded.

We're ready for your close up now!!

With all the pizza talk on here decided to try my gas grill and pizza stone! Now I used a PC stone. Had no problems. But, with all that I have read I think I will go out and buy ceramic. I would hate to loose my stone.

Anyhow, I made 2 pizzas last night. The first you will see is our favorite Margherita Pizza. The second is a carmelized onion, garlic, apple and goat cheese pizza. I should have used one more onion as you can see there were some pretty big borders left on the pie. Also, next time I am going to add some chopped walnuts!! The first pizza cooked in about 6 minutes!! :eek: Good thing I kept my eye on it!! Dialed it back a bit and and the second took about 8 minutes.

Both were REALLY REALLY good!

Margherita
MargheritaPizza.jpg

Onion, apple and goat cheese
onionapplegoatcheesepizza.jpg

Nice looking butts and pizza. That is a lot of garlic, good thing you both love it.

Back