Recommend good nonstick skillets

food4thot

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Have a few cast iron skillets but it's time to replace my old Cuisinart nonsticks.

Gas range. Want something that's dishwasher and oven safe. Read a lot of Amazon reviews. All nonstick seem to have some great reviews and also reviews complaining about durability.

Kind of want to try this one. Says it grill safe.

Viking Culinary Stainless Steel Nonstick Fry Pan, 12 Inch, Silver

What is your favorite nonstick skillet, both for performance and durability?

Looks good, but I would check around at other sources. Amazon's gettin' pricey lately. I'm getting tired of non-stick and thinking about upping my game with cast iron. If it's seasoned right and you clean it after cooking it isn't bad.

Read some articles on nonstick, best bang for the buck was Sam's Club members mark restaurant nonstick skillets. Gonna be my next skillets when my old collection wears out.

I second the Sams Club non stick pans. They’re oven safe and not too pricey. I have a 14” and 8” and they perform like champs. They were $27 and $12. Don’t spend big money on non-stick pans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this one from Sam's about 5-6 years ago for about $25. Has held up remarkably well.

https://www.amazon.com/Tramontina-80114-536DS-NSF-Certified-Professional/dp/B009HBKQR0/

Thinking of trying some of the Vollrath pans. Have several of the sauce pans that work quite well.

Actually, I still have some cheap 8" pans I got at IKEA about 10-12 years ago that are still going strong. I think I paid $1.99 each, I'm actually quite amazed that I'm still using them. I thought they'd be throw out pans.

And Sam's will replace their Member's Mark brand forever, (or so it seems). I've seen people bring back things they have used for years and got a refund. A few weeks ago, someone bought a new set of the convertible handtrucks, attached the paper description to their old, rusty set and returned those. So, if your pans fail to satisfy, I'm sure you will be covered.

Why not get the best of both worlds, non stick cast iron skillet?

img35o.jpg

Why not get the best of both worlds, non stick cast iron skillet?

img35o.jpg
Le Creuset makes great stuff. Have had one of their pots for 20 years that I use primarily for rice. Their stuff has gotten extremely pricey over the years.

Just went to their site and discovered they've gotten into stainless steel cookware. I don't want to cook with anything that's even partially made with aluminum.

Have a few cast iron skillets but it's time to replace my old Cuisinart nonsticks.

Gas range. Want something that's dishwasher and oven safe. Read a lot of Amazon reviews. All nonstick seem to have some great reviews and also reviews complaining about durability.

Kind of want to try this one. Says it grill safe.

Viking Culinary Stainless Steel Nonstick Fry Pan, 12 Inch, Silver

What is your favorite nonstick skillet, both for performance and durability?

We have a 11" Le Creuset and it is tremendous....really is our go to non stick skillet. It has held up very well.

Pulled the trigger on the Viking 12". If happy, might order a 10". My Cuisinart nonstick skillets are well overdue for replacement. Also have some Cuisinart stainless, non-coated skillets...sometimes annoying to clean but will likely be around long after I'm gone.

I buy the non-stick pans that Sam's sells. They're made in the USA, around $20 or less, and constructed well. I don't feel too bad about tossing them when they're near the end of their non-stickiness given the price. The first 12" pan lasted me a few years and I'm on my second now..I use it most frequently and was satisfied with the life I got out of it. I'm hoping the second one will last a little longer now that it's been explained to the offending party that you dont store other metal things on top of it :thumb:

Another vote for the Sam's Club stuff. I think they're actually made by Tramontina?

Looked at Sam's Club and Tramontina skillets. Both are aluminum.

Costco Business center is basically a restaurant supply. For 20-30$ you can get what the pros use, they do not use so-claimed high end pans, they use what works and is durable. Smart& Final, if you have one is also a good source for pro level pans. Restaurant Supply is another.

Thing is, I don't want aluminum cookware. I should have mentioned that in the OP.

Cast iron 5-6-8
Use them use them often then use them more. I love my Griswold but use vintage Wagner S-O most. You can cook bake fry smoke etc etc.
How ever I do have two sizes of non stick skillets. Sam’s Club. Any damage to them was done tossing another skillet (cast iron) on top in the skillet pantry. Sam’s Club are heavy duty. Like the PK Grill Of aluminum pans. Regardless of what you buy -tossing cast iron into non stick—Don’t do that.

Back