Another Burger Cook

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've been doing burgers for over two weeks now. Still haven't decided which one or ones I'm going to enter the throwdowns with but it's been fun playing around. :mrgreen: Plus with the stupid scorching temps what's better than a quick burger cook for these summer nights right?

This last cook a few days ago was ribeye burgers:clap2::clap2:

Deboned the thick cut steaks first

7SPmOWVh.jpg

Ground them up and formed some solid 6.5 oz patties

btf2foth.jpg

Seasoned with Casa seasoning from Albukirky

wQqVxfvh.jpg

Grillgrates upside down on the gasser high heat

A68Rocjh.jpg

I've been into the classic cheeseburgers lately with butter lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, mayo, mustard, colby and American cheeses

CyTEoqeh.jpg

Served with a nice cold hazy ipa

VLKXcDuh.jpg

Oh yeah! :clap2::clap2:

dXBcoONh.jpg

Can't beat a nice, fatty, juicy ribeye burger :nod:

3ceccUgh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Oooohhhh...a ribeye grind and Albukirky rub, I bet it tasted better than it looks :thumb: and an IPA to wash it all down.

I need to re-up my Albukirky supply one of these days.

Looks mighty tasty! Classic cheeseburger is meant to be eaten outside on a paper plate with a cold beer.

Nice looking burger. I never get tired of them in general and yours - its looks great!

You got some cajones. How many patties did that $40 steak yielded?

It’s still steak it’s just in burger form :becky: I’ve had ribeye and filet into my burger mix lately, yes it costs more than buying or grinding ground chuck but it’s worth it. Consider that you pay $10-12 for a 6-8oz burger at a restaurant and then extrapolate that to price per pound, you’re still coming out ahead even grinding $15/lb ribeye and getting a much better burger :thumb:

Oooohhhh...a ribeye grind and Albukirky rub, I bet it tasted better than it looks :thumb: and an IPA to wash it all down.

I need to re-up my Albukirky supply one of these days.

Thanks Suds!

Love all combos like chuck, brisket, flap, tri tip etc etc but nothing beats a straight ribeye grind. Steak and burger in on.

You got some cajones. How many patties did that $40 steak yielded?

There were two steaks actually. :becky: After deboning and trimming it yielded about 4.5 lbs ground beef. Made a dozen 6.3 to 6.5oz patties.

Here's the kicker though, I paid $5.77/lb since they were on sale. I figured why pay $6/lb for chuck when you can get ribeyes for less. :nod:

It’s still steak it’s just in burger form :becky: I’ve had ribeye and filet into my burger mix lately, yes it costs more than buying or grinding ground chuck but it’s worth it. Consider that you pay $10-12 for a 6-8oz burger at a restaurant and then extrapolate that to price per pound, you’re still coming out ahead even grinding $15/lb ribeye and getting a much better burger :thumb:

This!

Well said Suds! Especially that I grabbed the ribeyes on sale for $5.77/lb. Less than chuck.

This!

Well said Suds! Especially that I grabbed the ribeyes on sale for $5.77/lb. Less than chuck.

This guy's no idiot... Well done Sako!

Never thought of using Ribeyes. Enough fat in there for burgers?

Back