• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

gasser

C.U.Shoeless

Found some matches.
Reaction score
My Char-grill gas/charcoal/smoker is about give up the ghost. The gas side is anyway. So I am in the market for a new gas grill for weekday cookery. Weber is a favorite among many here from my searches, but is rather pricey. Certainly the the Genesis line is. I've seen a new (new to me anyway) grill manufactorer Nexgrill getting good reviews and am curious if any of you have any experience with it.

My Char-grill gas/charcoal/smoker is about give up the ghost. The gas side is anyway. So I am in the market for a new gas grill for weekday cookery. Weber is a favorite among many here from my searches, but is rather pricey. Certainly the the Genesis line is. I've seen a new (new to me anyway) grill manufactorer Nexgrill getting good reviews and am curious if any of you have any experience with it.

Truth of the matter.. I get a lot of use out of my mid range walmart gassers.. I pay $200-$300 bucks.. and I use the living crap out of it ... If you wanna spend good money go with weber for sure

I’ve used Weber gassers for over 30 years without any major problems.
The minor problems I’ve had were taken care of immediately.
Can’t speak to Nexgrill - be sure to check out their customer service & warranty.

Sad thing is that new weber gassers are made in china. Look up Broil King.

I recently pulled my 1998 genesis B200 out of retirement, it has mostly original parts and cooks great, supper hot if that is your thing. They can be had on CL or the marketplace for $50 or so all the time around here. I outfitted it with grill grates, damn fine quicky cooker

something to think about maybe...

YU1ZcBvh.jpg

I recently pulled my 1998 genesis B200 out of retirement, it has mostly original parts and cooks great, supper hot if that is your thing. They can be had on CL or the marketplace for $50 or so all the time around here. I outfitted it with grill grates, damn fine quicky cooker

YU1ZcBvh.jpg

This^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Older Genesis models like this are fantastic grills. Depending on location as Tom B says, they can be had for cheap. The prices seem to be creeping up locally for me, some reaching the $200 asking price. Still worth it depending on shape IMHO. Most parts are still available from Weber or eReplacements. If you go this route, I highly recommend buying flavorizer bars and cooking grates on eBay from RCPlanebuyer. just a little bit higher than Weber parts, but so much thicker and will probably be the last of those parts that you will buy.

Robert

[QUOTE=SmokyDick;4329449]Sad thing is that new weber gassers are made in china. Look up Broil King.[/QUOTE]

Is this all Weber gassers, or just the low end ones?
I have a 1996 Genesis 2000 that still works well. Would the current version be made in China?
If so, It sounds like the resale market for MIA Weber grills may be looking up

I have had my Weber spirit for about 5 years, if I had it to do over I would have bought the next grade up, I just replaced the burners and bars in mine, I had replaced the FB with some cheap stainless that didn't cover the cross over lighter tube properly, my mistake for being in a rush. back cooking great now. wife don't like much smoke flavor so a lot of times hers gets the gas mine gets pellets or charcoal.

Is this all Weber gassers, or just the low end ones?
I have a 1996 Genesis 2000 that still works well. Would the current version be made in China?
If so, It sounds like the resale market for MIA Weber grills may be looking up
All of them, including the Summit (both gas and charcoal). Weber was forced to pull the "Made in USA" after losing a class-action lawsuit. Some are assembled in USA with Chinese components.

YU1ZcBvh.jpg

This as well. I have a 1999 Genesis 1000 that I bought from the original owner quite a few years ago. I replaced all of the internals with SS parts and it still works great. I see these older Weber gas grills on FB Market place or Craigslist all of the time for cheap.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^
The Older Genesis models like this are fantastic grills. Depending on location as Tom B says, they can be had for cheap. The prices seem to be creeping up locally for me, some reaching the $200 asking price. Still worth it depending on shape IMHO. Most parts are still available from Weber or eReplacements. If you go this route, I highly recommend buying flavorizer bars and cooking grates on eBay from RCPlanebuyer. just a little bit higher than Weber parts, but so much thicker and will probably be the last of those parts that you will buy.

Robert

I bought my flavorizer bars for my Genesis 1000 from RCPlanebuyer years ago and they are high quality. I highly recommend them.

I would look at broil king if buying new, but i agree with others that a used older weber is the way to go.

I think it's worthwhile to look at brands you don't see at the box stores. Phoenix, MHP and Solaire all have USA made gassers. Broil King has some too. BBQGuys allows you to sort by USA made.

I'd look at the Solaire AllAbout 2-burner infrared on cart for $1067. It looks to be all stainless, and lists it as 304. Seems like a good deal if it's big enough for your needs.

There's also the Phoenix Grill SD riveted grill head on stainless pedestal cart for $869. A little bigger, but not IR.

Huntington is BroilKing's budget line. A lot of bang for the buck, and an excellent warranty.

Thanks for the food for thought. I had not really considered a new to me option. Not sure why not as that if the first thing I usually check for elsewhere.

Weber or Broil Mate. If you want a cheapie look at Broil King's Huntington or Broil Mate line. Mine sat out uncovered for 10 years and never hicupped. I only got rid of it because I found a Broil King Signet 320 for $80 used.

In my opinion gassers are disposable torches. Save money on the grill and get you a set of Grill Grates.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Weber keeps parts inventory around for years, so if your ignitor breaks or your flavorizer bars need to be replaced you can fix your grill. I gave an old Genesis to a buddy of mine 15 years ago and it's still going strong. Many on Craigslist used for good prices.

I bought a Jenne Aire branded gasser made by Nexgrill a number of years ago, and after two years one of the ignitor tubes leaked causing the entire wiring harness and front knobs to melt down with ZERO parts available.

Made in CN or not,Weber makes a fine gasser and their Customer Service is second to none. Nexgrill and other off brands are disposable grills with no replacement parts. You could look at Broilmaster, Broilking, or Napaoleon if you want mainstream US/CA grills but it's still hard to go wrong with a Weber.

Back