here we go! Anything I need to know about Grilla Grillz Silverbac before I hit buy?

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
As Topic says above.. Tomorrow is the day, I think.. Fill me with all the details.. I'm sold on it from my own research, but willing to look at all other opinions i might have missed on info about the cooker!

Anything special i should expect? Any downfalls to the cooker that I might of not heard/read about? For me and the price its the best pellet pooper on the market for me.

Have you checked the Weber Smoke/Fire? :laugh:
Lets not get into that.. I'm looking for information for the cooker I'm interested in. and looking for some last minute details before I jump into the investment..

But yes i have checked it, and I wouldn't pay a fraction of the cost for that dumpster fire lmao!

I’ve heard nothing but good things honestly. It’s a nice pellet grill.

Yeah I see alot of good stuff. But it's really hard you tubing stuff cuz it's all from the company them selves and it's all high production videos trying to sell the product.

Surprised no replies with good info here. Was hoping for opinions from guys here good and bad about the cooker to get me through the night cuz waiting for the morning to hit the buy button is rough haha.

I'll also take tips on how to use it.. tips and tricks that is not common knowledge. I will stay away from adding smoking tubes. I want to cook with it just with pellets. And hope I can get into the lighter smoke flavor that's associated with pellet cookers.
I guess if u guys want me to tell u what u wanna know... how does it do at 180 degrees which is the lowest setting
I'm willing to attempt jerky and summer sausages on it.. in Hope's I can use it to replace masterrbuilt for my low temp smoking stuff.

How about tips and tricks so I have some kind of expectation going into the delivery and first cook.

Well no experience yet on grilla BUT..

I Did a bunch of research and pulled the trigger on a Grilla Chimp. Arrives tomorrow.

I need a nice portable grill/smoker and I want to tip my toes in on a pellet grill to see how I like the finished product. I was really close on a Big Yoder or Mak2 but figured Grilla Chimp would be a good place to start to make sure I really liked a pellet grill first.

I don’t think you can get hurt on a Silverbac if you need a good all a rounder at a solid price.

If you don’t have larger cookers already I definitely would not hesitate on a Silverbac.

Good reviews from this guy-

https://youtu.be/k40Y5nXVGLo

Have you joined the Facebook group titled "My Grilla Grills Smoker" ? There's a TON of videos on there by people who own and use the smoker constantly.

Some of the first-gen Silverbacs had an issue with the door warping, but Grilla Grills redesigned the door with some bracing to stop that from happening. All of the upgrades on the Silverbac were from some of the complaints from the early adopters. Grilla Grills heard the feedback and made some good adjustments. Great company overall and while I didn't have one of their pellet grills I was an "early adopter" of their kamado, the Kong. It was a good kamado, but when my first one showed up it was shattered in the shipping container. I called Grilla Grills, sent them a picture, and within about about hour or so they had another one on the way. No fuss, no hassle, and they threw in a free pizza stone and heat diffuser.

I'm sure you'll be happy with anything you buy from Grilla Grills. The only tip I have when going with a pellet grill is to let the controller do its thing. Grilla Grills goes by the motto "Trust the swing" and this means allowing the temp to swing about 20-30° to get a better smoker flavor. They also have their new "Alpha" controller which allows you to choose between a PID controller and their original controller. The PID will try to keep the temps dead even all the time, so it's kind of a best of both worlds type of thing.

I don't think any pellet grill will replace a MBE for low smoking sausages, I will keep mine as during the summer 180+ is about as low as I can run depending on ambient temps. sometimes maybe closer to 200 without taking a chance of a flameout imo. good luck and have fun, a tube added is easy to get a little more smoke flavor so don't discount it right off the bat, try some smokes without then try 1 if needed

While I don't have a Grilla I'm a member of the FB page and there's a ton of very good info there. Very helpful members and Mark Graham (Grilla owner) frequents the page a lot.

When I have the $$ I'm buying a Silverback Alpha, no questions asked.

Depending if you need to move it much under different conditions, you might consider wheel upgrades.

I don't have personal experience, but I went back and forth between the Silverbac and RecTec RT-590 last summer. The WiFi, stainless cooking chamber, and somewhat higher all out temp are what tipped the scale to the RT-590 for me.

I don't regret it, but the RT-590 is not perfect. It had a few quality issues when I got it, the heat deflector has warped (doesn't seem to affect much), and temperature alerts on the app don't work for me and from what I can tell about 80% of owners. But the WiFi is still very handy and RecTec support has been very good, other than not fixing the app alerts in over 6 months now.

I liked the double wall construction on the Grilla and the cabinet. As a company they also seem less like used car salesmen than RecTec. Whether you get it or not, be sure to check out Shane Draper's pellet grill recipes on their YouTube channel.

Did your heat shield do this? This is off my Grilla Chimp

Attachments

• heat deflector1.jpg
    heat deflector1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 149
  • heat deflector2.jpg
    heat deflector2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 149
Did your heat shield do this? This is off my Grilla Chimp

I can't say anything about the Chimp.. But I'm assuming you have an old one? I know on the silverbac's they upgraded the heat shield with a welded X on top of the shield.. to prevent warping.. not sure if they upgraded the chimp this way.. Contact Grilla even if its not in warranty.. Maybe they can hook ya up! They seem like good people to work with

I can't say anything about the Chimp.. But I'm assuming you have an old one? I know on the silverbac's they upgraded the heat shield with a welded X on top of the shield.. to prevent warping.. not sure if they upgraded the chimp this way.. Contact Grilla even if its not in warranty.. Maybe they can hook ya up! They seem like good people to work with
It's less than 2 months old. I sent them pictures and they said a new one would do the same thing.

I am so EXTREMELY disappointed, with a member whose name is

BLAZIN FIRE !! (mods are you listening ?? ) BLAZIN'??????

Who would CONSIDER a Pellet Pooper???? Aren't there RULES here???

ha ha Blazin, hope you love it - now change your name to smoldering fire - haha!!

Back