Ribeye for the throwdown

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
For the Ribeye Steak throwdown here -
https://bbq-brethren.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283213

I saw these in the supermarket and figured I'd give them a try. After buying them I did some searching on Verde and found so-so reviews on amazon. But I don't take a lot of stock in many amazon reviews and the only way to find out how good these are is to grill them -

5zy5W6R.jpg

The Goldens' is set up with two zone cooking, the right side is over the coals with the grate upside down closer to them -

fgoXEEz.jpg

For sides we'll grill some Parmesan crusted corn and thinly sliced potatoes. Corn on the Goldens', potatoes on the Blackstone -

hesL8To.jpg

UZUeuIr.jpg

To dress things up, some Roasted Cherry Tomato Pesto -

kGdDiaC.jpg

Ribeyes are seasoned with Oakridge BBQ Carne Crosta -

NNie2eP.jpg

Start 'em out on the cool side of the grill -

NPq3gZw.jpg

In the last few minutes a reverse sear on the hot side -

ux7NH0F.jpg

Plated for Sunday Dinner -

NoH2Qyl.jpg

SQByYXk.jpg

It's a good thing I re-read the throwdown rules about no sides, so this will be my entry pic -

ltt15ED.jpg

The verdict: I have no idea what the folks on amazon were complaining about. These steaks were fine. By no means the best I've ever had, but I'd purchase them again.

Thanks for checking out today's Ribeye dinner.

Regards,
-lunchman

Last edited:
Now that looks like a tasty plate, I could pig out on that

Everything looks great. I'm a big fan of elote too, our local sweet corn will be ready in about 3 weeks.

Everything looks great. I'm a big fan of elote too, our local sweet corn will be ready in about 3 weeks.

That's sort of what I was attempting but didn't have time to search for a recipe. I had thoughts of using mayo which the Mrs would have frowned upon, so went with a bit of EVOO and fresh grated parmesan. In looking at recipes this morning I see that the mayo is slathered on afterwards, then the seasonings and that's it. Definitely a no-go for my wife. I would have expected it to go back on the grill. Got any good recipes you've used for Elote?

Always up for trying new foods.

That's sort of what I was attempting but didn't have time to search for a recipe. I had thoughts of using mayo which the Mrs would have frowned upon, so went with a bit of EVOO and fresh grated parmesan. In looking at recipes this morning I see that the mayo is slathered on afterwards, then the seasonings and that's it. Definitely a no-go for my wife. I would have expected it to go back on the grill. Got any good recipes you've used for Elote?

Always up for trying new foods.

That food looked delicious!! While not an authentic recipe for elote, if you’re ever in a big hurry (or just feeling lazy like me :wink:) a company named Urban Accents makes a corn on the cob seasoning called Chipotle Parmesan that’s pretty darn tasty. I usually shake it on after rolling my cooked corn in butter, but I’m sure it’ll work with either mayo or EVOO. No affiliation...

We use mayo, Cotija cheese, and Tajin seasoning - that’s what my Mexican family uses so I figure if it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me :thumb:

Back