Fire Starter Sale

Grabbed one today. Just about out of Weber cubes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think advanced beginners such as myself enjoy experimenting. I had actually planned on getting the Tumbleweed Starters. Then this came along and it’s like”oh look let’s try these”
I had an AR15 Lighter-it didn’t last long. I saw a fishing pole lighter yesterday, passed. I enjoy My Old Hickory, Dexter, Chicago Cutlery knives and Blue Diamond matches- but in my 4th Quarter of a mediocre cooking career I’d like to have a Shun and a looflighter.

I never read 50 Shades Of Grey. But from what Ive heard I reckon experimenting around with my food hobby is similar-in an ambiguous correlating bbq sense.

Grabbed one today. Just about out of Weber cubes.

Several years ago when Brickseek was running hot with deals I picked up 6-7 boxes of Weber cubes at a $1 each. They’re almost all gone. I had a friend gift me 4 pack of Primo Fire Starters and I went through a period of oil soaked butcher paper under chimney-I confess to at times using lighter fluid though only about a quart per year. Also had a pellet grill for 11 months that did a lot of cooking at the press of a button. All these methods start a fire. Variety

I was initially buying these at a local bbq/fireplace store, they were reasonably priced. Then the store became a BGE dealer, started carrying the overpriced BGE brand of these and stopped carrying the Rutland ones. I refused to pay $8 a box for the same product that used to be $3 or $4, just because the box says Big Green Egg. These were the smaller boxes.

That's when I started ordering two packs of 144 at amazon.

I bought a small 24 pc box of these this morning. I will certainly use them for lighting a chimney but I don't recommend placing them inside the charcoal. I place Weber cubes in my charcoal when grilling and it works fine. These wafer style starters smoke like a freight train when inside the charcoal but it does subside in 10mins or so. The Weber cubes don't do that.

I normally use the Weber cubes. Pick up a bunch at the end of season sales. Was at Wally World today and saw a big ol bag of Fatwood starters for $5. So I grabbed one to try out. Anyone use these before? Looks like small pieces of wood about 5 inches long.

I normally use the Weber cubes. Pick up a bunch at the end of season sales. Was at Wally World today and saw a big ol bag of Fatwood starters for $5. So I grabbed one to try out. Anyone use these before? Looks like small pieces of wood about 5 inches long.
Not sure about the brand but the sticks I bought produce a lot of stinky black smoke. I hate them.

Maybe that's why they were $5 for such a big bag. Oh well, I'll try a few.

Several years ago when Brickseek was running hot with deals I picked up 6-7 boxes of Weber cubes at a $1 each. They’re almost all gone. I had a friend gift me 4 pack of Primo Fire Starters and I went through a period of oil soaked butcher paper under chimney-I confess to at times using lighter fluid though only about a quart per year. Also had a pellet grill for 11 months that did a lot of cooking at the press of a button. All these methods start a fire. Variety
Me too! I wiped the shelf. [emoji33]

First try...
They burn clean and 2 is probably overkill for a standard chimney. They have a higher/bigger flame than Weber cubes. I'm impressed. Thanks jzadski!

I bought a small 24 pc box of these this morning. I will certainly use them for lighting a chimney but I don't recommend placing them inside the charcoal. I place Weber cubes in my charcoal when grilling and it works fine. These wafer style starters smoke like a freight train when inside the charcoal but it does subside in 10mins or so. The Weber cubes don't do that.
Follow up. I used one of these starters to light my chimney and it worked great with very little smoke. I will buy more of these for chimney starting.

My store showed them in stock too and I had no luck finding them. I’ve bought them there before but they weren’t where they normally are. The store was an absolute mess so I left and ordered online. Got two boxes for the same shipping price as one. Should be good for a while now.

My store showed them in stock too and I had no luck finding them. I’ve bought them there before but they weren’t where they normally are. The store was an absolute mess so I left and ordered online. Got two boxes for the same shipping price as one. Should be good for a while now.
The store I went to had them in the back. I had to ask someone to find them.

Unfortunately it seems free shipping is no longer an option. Bumber

I have used and preferred them for years over the Weber cubes.

No white wax bits of Weber cubes, or tin foil, all over the patio.

Slightly harder to light in a moderate wind but nothing a little squirt of hand sanitizer wont fix!

Can you explain?

You soak a cotton ball in rubbing/isopropyl alcohol and light it under your chimney. I only discovered it when I was looking for something safe to put my chimney on and found this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DHVJ3PV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use 3-4 make-up removal pads, as they fit perfectly inside. Unfortunately, I’m having a hard time finding alcohol with everybody making their own hand sanitizer, so I’m back to using Weber starters.

Back