• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

UDS Build - How about a little Ugly Drum Smoker action?!?!

Nice looking setup. Coupe/few questions -

Is that colorful paint, high heat? If so, where did you find it?
It looks like there are two rack. what is the distance between each? Between the top rack and the top. And finally, between the bottom rack and the charcoal basket?

My apologies for all the questions but UDS is high on my list of projects. Thanks.

So are you a USPS letter carrier?? I see that logo on their trucks :heh:

Very nice!! I do hope that's high temp paint though or it's going to look like a rusted out Raiders drum in a few months.

I was with you until you showed Seahawk pride....

Seriously though, welcome and nice build!

Let's see some pron!

Go Niners!

I think thats the exhaust off a master forge grill from lowes....I had the same one and ended up returning it because the metal was so thin and couldnt hold up to heat worth a $%*&

Ah ok. Thx for the heads up. Much appreciated.

I recently swapped out my phone and lost many photos I had. I'll post as soon as I do my next set.

@DjPorkchop They are the full gates for sure! That is the master forge stack.

@va_connoisseur That is high heat paint. I got it at a local car parts store, similar to shucks. The distance between the two is 6 inches and from the top 3, so a total of 9 inches between the lid and bottom rack. I'll have to measure the bottom rack from the basket next time I grill.

@ebijack I sure have thought about it a lot. I've logged a ton of smokes on this, using charcoal, lump, and even all wood. I find that I'd like to be able to control my smoke a little more (probably from my offset days). So the next build I'll be exploring a door to control my smoke. I may even play with adding an offset. I know that these things are supposed to be simple, but i just had so much fun building this first one that it made me want to try some different mods on the next for fun. =)

Jes

Nice lookin' cooker! Welcome to the Drum Corp!

Where about in Rain City are you?

@swamprb I currently live in West Seattle, but am planning a move to Bellingham here in the summer.

I gotta be honest and kinda off topic, but I've been on this darn advocare site for 10 days and I am dying to SMOKE SOME RIBS and drink some homebrew =)

Dang wife! ;)

Back