Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Central Illinois Bragging Rights, Arthur, IL - Oct 9 & 10, 2009

We are really thinking about it but not sure I can get 3 weeks of vacation to make the trip......horse changes and all :rolleyes:

(Don't Joe and Nicole look so much younger?)

indianaamishbuggy.jpg

We are really thinking about it but not sure I can get 3 weeks of vacation to make the trip......horse changes and all :rolleyes:

(Don't Joe and Nicole look so much younger?)

Is that the SmoScoHoCo? (Horse Coach... Where did your mind go?)

Where's the pit?

I'll be there. I think this year, the Reverend, Dr Porkenstein and myself are gonna go to the store and get us some Amish duds. We'll be stylin'...

Beale Street has decided to make it to this one - first outside of Michigan for us.

Does anyone know how many Teams have committed?

Beale Street has decided to make it to this one - first outside of Michigan for us.

Does anyone know how many Teams have committed?

Great, this is the most beautiful little town. Do bring ear plugs - freight trains go by every 20 minutes it seems.

Not sure we are going to make it - get back from the Royal on tuesday and would have to leave for Arthur on Thursday - Yikes!!

The Flying Burritos will be representing Indiana at this one. Sorry New Albany! Entry not in yet, but will be on the way shortly.

Glad to see the interest in our little event here in Arthur, IL. Like Captain Ron said we are expecting to have around 45'ish again this year. We always seem to miss that magic number of 50 but we will get there sooner or later.

We do plan on having our regular Friday evening competitions for anyone who is interested including sauce, side (pumpkin), and dessert (apple) that is open to all teams and doesn't cost anything to enter. We also plan on doing the public bbq dinner down at the community building that is open to everyone. For those that don't feel like eating bbq the night before will open the bbq headquarters up to the cooks on Friday evening with some snacks and our obligatory keg of beer.

We are doing our best to schedule the trains to come by every 24 minutes instead of their standard 20 minutes to make sleeping more peaceful. We also have the same gals putting together the cook gift bags this year and we gave them a bit more notice so they should turn out pretty nice. We also hope to give them out during th actual cooks meeting this time instead of waiting until the first turn in time.

Last but not least we have the gals making fresh cinnamon rolls again for Saturday morning so be sure to visit http://www.cibr-bbq.com/forms/2009cinn.htm to get your order in for a pan.

As always if anyone has any questions don't hesitate to give me or George a call at 217-543-2766 or shoot us an email at bbq@arthuril.com and we will do our best to answer any questions.

CIBR , I have a question. Can judges order the cinnamon rolls and pick them up when they get there Sat. Morning? Also I sent en email to bbq@arthuril.com, had a question about the Table Captains class on Thursday night but I haven't received an email back yet. Can you check on that for me?

Thanks

Ralph,
On the first question, Yes, anyone can order the cinnamon rolls and grab them when they get into town. The gal who is doing cinnamon rolls this year will be setting up a stand to distribute the cinnamon rolls to the pre-orders and she will also be selling other baked goods throughout the day to the crowd.

As for the table captain question I put together a quicky webpage to show what is required to attend the class at http://www.cibr-bbq.com/tablecaptain.html but a quick rundown of the requirements:

Requirements:
Must be a KCBS Certified BBQ Judge
Must be paid up with KCBS Dues
Must have judged a minimum of 10 contests.

We will be holding the table captain's class at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday at the BBQ headquarters which is located right in downtown Arthur. The fee to take the class is $25.00 and will be taught by Mike Lake.

George managed to go and pull his back late last week and has been falling behind on his email's and other contacts. He manages to throw out his back at least once a year, thank goodness he is getting it out of the way before the contest.

If there are more questions don't hesitate to give us a shout at 217-543-2766, just ask for Adam or George.

Back