ink bird smart wireless bbq thermometer ibt-4xs

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I was recently given a 4 probe thermometer to demo from ink bird for free. they simply asked for me to post my thoughts here.

the unit is compact and sleek. the four probes easily plug into the front. it came with one round probe and 3 pointed as well as 2 grate clips for probes. it also came with a usb charging cable, that's right, no batteries.

the base pairs to a device with blue tooth through an app. the range is ok, I kept my phone in my pocket and would lose connection if I strayed too far bit I do have a big yard. if a connection is lost you are notified by an alarm and it reconnected by itself when back in range.

the app has the ability to set various alarms for each probe as well as graph each probes readings. a nifty feature that doesn't serve much purpose for me. it would be nice if you could save the graphs for those interested but other than a screen shot I dont think you can.

I honestly don't use remote thermometers much these days. I cook mostly by feel and experience, maybe a glance at a dial thermometer occasionally. something sad about a pit on life support.....jk it's just an extra hassle setting them up. I do use one in my pellet cooker on case of flameout.

in closing I say for those looking for a multiple probe remote thermometer that the ink bird does a nice job. its definitely a step up from my maverick but I'll probably keep my smoke over this. I just don't need the extra probes and I get better range with the receiver. I'll be giving this one to a friend who is learning bbq.

0bMud9Hh.jpg

q6UDJvAh.jpg

Can't get any more honest than that. Appreciate the review.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back