MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-08-2018, 05:28 AM   #16
Mikhail
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mik

I mean, fundamentally your choices fall into three ranges. The first is budget grills, in which I would go for the Weber Q line or Broil Mates. The second is mid priced - say maybe $400-$1000, in which Weber and Broil King are, at least by consensus, your best bet. Then we have the sky-is-the-limit range at which there are a lot of expensive and very nice options, none of which I will probably ever have firsthand knowledge of.

Thanks from: --->

Old 06-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #17
FattyMac
Full Fledged Farker

After nearly a decade of a gasser embargo I picked up a Napoleon Pro. I couldn't be happier with it.

It wasn't cheap but it wasn't insanely expensive either. Comes with lifetime warranty on the outside bits and 10 years on the burners. So I figure it's about the same as one of the mid to lower tier over it's lifetime and it performs much better.

The wife who normally could burn water has even been using it and has turned out some great food. The saying around the house lately has been, "I don't know if it's the cook or the cooker, but damn this is good!"

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-08-2018, 08:29 AM   #18
kwas68
is one Smokin' Farker

Like you, I have a UDS, Weber Performer, Blackstone griddle. Also have a Rec Tec pellet pooper and a Weber gasser. Each has a strong suit. Since I bought the pellet pooper, though, I haven't fired up the gasser. Might be something to consider. Just my $.02.

That being said, I'm very happy with the Weber gasser. It is over 18 years old and I haven't replaced a thing.

UDS's, Multiple Weber Grills
kwas68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2018, 08:47 AM   #19
Smokey-T
Full Fledged Farker

I have had a BroilMaster P3 (black with stainless body) for over 15 years. At the time, the warranty was stellar. I get stainless bowtie burners anytime I need and just pay small shipping. They have replaced warped grates and overall service has been outstanding.

I would consider this to be a middle of the road from a cost perspective compared to others mentioned. I don't use it often any more due to all of my other cooking tools outside, but is nice to have one when needed.

Old 06-08-2018, 09:48 AM   #20
chiefblue
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : chief

Broilmaster or MHP would be good choices. USA built and relatively affordable.
chiefblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #21
LloydQ
is Blowin Smoke!

Here are a couple of pics of the Blaze I mentioned. The grill itself, and the burner and flavorizer grate. Sorry about the upside down mess. No idea what I am doing!

Last edited by LloydQ; 07-15-2019 at 04:48 PM..
LloydQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2018, 03:06 PM   #22
nmeyer414
is One Chatty Farker

I will agree with those that talked about the blaze grills, I have touched a few of them and am still talking myself into spending that kind of money to replace my 10 year old one with cast brass burners (the burners are still good, its everything else around them that's falling apart).

Old 12-06-2019, 05:35 AM   #23
Gregfosterid
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Greg Foster

I would recommend you Holland Grill Liberty Propane Gas Grill. It costs under $1000 thats grate for that thing!

Big cooking area
Warming rack
Lifetime warranty on burner and cooking grid
Can be used as a smoker

We have a big family and we also like to invite friends to weekend parties, so we settled on that size. Given the fact that we often ccok on the grill, this guy copes with its tasks perfectly and has never let us down
Gregfosterid is offline   Reply With Quote