New gasser help

Sfine118

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I’m looking for a new gas grill for quick meals during the work week. As of now it’s my wife and I, along with two toddlers. I already have a Weber Kettler and a pellet cooker. Anyway it’s between the Weber Spirit II E-310 or the Broil King Signet 320. Both are the same price. Or should I be looking at other models? Thanks!

Last edited:
Just my 2 cents... I also have a kettle and pellet cooker... love and use the heck out of both of them! That said, my third cooker and by far and away my most used... my Camp Chef griddle. I completely understand the word “busy”! With you having 2 lil ones and a busy family yourself... I cannot think of an easier/more versatile outdoor piece of cooking gear than a big ole flat top grill :)

Last edited:
Can't go wrong with either one. I have the BK Signet. It can put out a LOT of heat and is pretty miserly with the gas.

Last time I bough a new gasser (about 5 years ago), I saw sure that I was going to get a Weber but ended up with a Broil King Signet 320B. While I love Weber, I felt I got more for my money with the Broil King. They have strong metal where it's needed, there is good amount of real estate for meat and I feel I can really get HIGH heat with it. The only weakness is that something is "off" around the grease drip tray and at times it can drip into the bottom (and sometimes onto the propane tank.) You just have too keep an eye on it. Reach out if you have any specific questions....

Thanks everyone! I’ve always been a Weber fan. But seems like the new lineup isn’t as good as it use to be. And I’ve heard all good things about Broil King.

I have liked every Weber I have cooked on at other folk's places, maybe half a dozen. Like I say, you can't go wrong. Weber's customer service is probably easier to get hold of, but you probably won't need it with either one.

I purchased the BK Baron over a Weber 4 years ago when I was in the market for a gasser. I don't have any experience with the Signet, but I have been very happy with my Broil King purchase. I bet you will be happy with either option.

I was able to get a year old Spirit barely used for $50!! found it on Offer up. When I am in a rush and don't want to use the kettles I find myself using the weber gasser or my camp Chef Griddle. I like how easy it is to get weber parts.

Weber for me all the way. Warranty and Customer Service is what set's them apart.

Good Luck on your decision.

I think the Broil King is the better deal. The Spirit has become really cheaply built.

I agree that Weber Customer Support and Warranty can't be beat. I too though have heard that on these models they have really started to cut corners to many will go to another at this level. At higher price points it's all Weber (in my book.)

The lid on the Spirit feels very flimsy and un Weber like. We stepped up to the Genesis which in my opinion feels like a substantial step up in quality. FWIW - CR rates the Weber 3 burner Genesis and Spirit models at the top of the mid size grills. BK is somewhat down the list.

I’m going to continue researching before buying. I don’t want to spend a ton for something that isn’t going to be main cooker. But at the same time I don’t want to buy something something that’s going to fall apart or become more of a hassle. Thanks everyone!

I believe the Spirit line is Made in China I don't know if thats an issue for you.

Yea that’s what I’ve seen and read. I’d much prefer a American made product. But it’s not necessarily enough to make me decide against it. As someone said before the spirit’s lid is thin and flimsy. That worries me.

Don't know anything about Broil King, but Weber has been in my arsenal for more than twenty years now, and in addition to great performance they always have parts available. I gave one of my old Weber gas grills to a friend, and he was able to completely restore it with new factory parts. Very unusual for grill companies these days.

Browse craigslist or FB marketplace for a used Weber. Always good deals to be had and easy to replace parts if needed.

Back