Gravity Fed Smoker Build

TexasSmoker

Found some matches.
Reaction score
New build out of my garage... Long project with 1/4 inch plate using only a MIG welder and angle grinder. I'm giving this to a family member as a gift. Do you guys recommend I season it before I give it to him or let him do it? Also, any tips on how to transport this bad boy? It's about 700lbs. Appreciate the help! (hopefully the picture comes through)

Attachments

• Smoker.jpg
    Smoker.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 288
Very nice work! I like to do a test burn on stuff I build just to make sure all the welds, latches, hinges & everything are OK as a new cooker goes through a cold-hot-cold cycle so I go ahead an start seasoning too. As to delivery, a small trailer with drop gate and a couple movers dollys should do the job.

PS: your shop is WAY to clean:laugh:

Real nice build there :thumb:

Why not season it, then it's really ready to go for them

That looks like a nice piece. Me being me, if I were giving that to a buddy, I'd season it and make sure it burned right, then weld an inch of the door shut to make sure he had to work for it.

I would keep it, but send him a picture and tell him that you are starting to build one just like it for him!

JBP

"I started to give this to you but decided to keep it. You're welcome to buy some meat for me to do a test run."

That's a nice looking setup. Different design. He has a very good friend!

Thanks for everyone's response. Unfortunately, this smoker is not working as expected. I'm having a lot of trouble even getting the temp up to 125 degrees. Any thoughts / suggestions on what could be the issue here?!?!

Back