Pork Rack with pron

10_Bears

Cooked a pork rack last night on the gasser, came out magnificent. Nice and juicy with perfect crackling!!! You'll notice a piece missing in the corner, my offiicial taster had to make sure it was ok :wink:

rack.jpg

Looks great. I almost picked up one of those the other day. I've never cooked one before. Not sure what I would do. Treat it like a loin or ribs..??

Thanks everyone. Was pretty easy really. Prepared it for great crackle by pouring boiling water from the kettle over the rind to open up the scores, then patted it dry with paper towel, then poured some vinegar over the rind and coated it very generously with salt, rubbing it in to the opened scores, and placed in the fridge for a while to dry out, an hour or so, would've liked longer but didn't have the time. When I pulled it out of the fridge I poured just a little bit more vinegar over it and put a bit more salt on, again rubbing into the open scores. I then put it on a wire rack in a tray and put it in the pre heated bbq, I also put a bowl of water in the bbq. Just as an experiment in keeping the air and meat moist. I think it did the job, the meat was quite juicy. Firstly cooked it at 440f - 450f for about 20 mins so the crackle could do its thing, then lowered the temp to 350f - 360f for about 2 hours.

Was pretty happy with how it came out. I just knocked off the left overs in a turkish bread roll for lunch with a bit of gravy.

That looks awesome. I too would like to know more about the meat chunk.

Back