Best stuffed fatty!!!

Gringoloco

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm holding a surprise party for an 87 year old friend Friday. Looking to see who will have the best stuffed fatty recipe out there. I want to make him one and looking for some ideas. I will be doing a brisket , ribs , and a stuffed pork loin as well . TIA

Maybe I’m the fart in the room but.... 87 years old? I would do something simple for him. Maybe some lightly seasoned/smoked chicken breasts.... thinly sliced with some Hawaiian rolls (soft/chewy) and some mayo. Not trying to sound like a smart butt, but at 87 the digestive system starts to get sensitive. That should be a safe start. Keep it simple!

Maybe I’m the fart in the room but.... 87 years old? I would do something simple for him. Maybe some lightly seasoned/smoked chicken breasts.... thinly sliced with some Hawaiian rolls (soft/chewy) and some mayo. Not trying to sound like a smart butt, but at 87 the digestive system starts to get sensitive. That should be a safe start. Keep it simple!

Ah point taken but when I'm 87 I hope I have a friend like Gringoloco!:loco:

I hear what your saying. He not your typical 87 yo. He eats Mexican food every week. He loves red chile. That's the way of of the SW. I am planning this with his daughter and she is good with the menu. I don't want to over spice things either.

I hear what you are saying and have to agree. Yet last week, while visiting my 95 year old aunt, she asked for a supreme pizza with Jalapeno on the side. Normally she gets them added to the pizza, but knew my sister can't handle the heat. Needless to say, she ate all of the peppers. I asked if she wanted any red pepper flakes and she said she didn't because they get stuck in her teeth. Amazing to say the least.

Robert

Less of a recipe and more of a tip. I love using Cream Cheese in all of my fattys. I think it adds just the right amount of moisture and flavor. I tend to use WHIPPED cream cheese because I think's it's easier to work with. I put it in a zip lock bag, clip the corner, and squirt it in a back and forth pattern on the open fatty.

24mvksj.jpg

I'm also a big fan of wrapping my fattys with a bacon weave...

jt01tl.jpg

I find that I do need to crank the temp up a bit at the end if I want that bacon to crisp up.

For my wife, who doesn't really like sausage. I try to think about a meal that she does like and recreate it in a fatty. For example, a Pizza Fatty etc.

Happy Smokin'

I recently did a ground sausage fatty stuffed with potatoes, spinach, garlic & mozzarella cheese. Sprinkled with Oak Ridge Dominator Sweet Rib Rub and wrapped in a bacon weave. No leftovers!

I am liking all the Ideas!! Please keep them coming!! Might be making 2 or 3!! :icon_smile_tongue:

Less of a recipe and more of a tip. I love using Cream Cheese in all of my fattys. I think it adds just the right amount of moisture and flavor. I tend to use WHIPPED cream cheese because I think's it's easier to work with. I put it in a zip lock bag, clip the corner, and squirt it in a back and forth pattern on the open fatty.

24mvksj.jpg

I'm also a big fan of wrapping my fattys with a bacon weave...

jt01tl.jpg

I find that I do need to crank the temp up a bit at the end if I want that bacon to crisp up.

For my wife, who doesn't really like sausage. I try to think about a meal that she does like and recreate it in a fatty. For example, a Pizza Fatty etc.

Happy Smokin'

Thanks Scott!! They look GREAT!! What ingredients on the inside??:wink:

Tater tots is perennial winner for naked fatty in my house. Any combo that that you put in a stomboli is good too.

Back