MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thumbs up Brethren PSA - Rules of Q-Talk threads related to the Throwdowns - PLEASE READ AND ABIDE!!!

Maybe you are reading this because you created a thread in the Q-Talk forum advertising the Throwdown Forum and it was moved or scrubbed by a Q-Talk moderator...
OR maybe you are reading this because you made a post in the ENTRY thread that was scrubbed or moved...
OR maybe you would like to know HOW you can make a LEGAL Q-Talk thread pointing to the Throwdowns...
OR maybe you are reading this because you can't figure out what the fark is going on in that DISCUSSION thread or how it relates to the Throwdowns!

Q-Talk threads can NOT be created for the following:
1. Posts that are primarily asking for people to vote in a Throwdown, whether for your dish or others are NOT allowed in Q-Talk.

2. Posts that are primarily just advertising the Throwdowns in order to draw in more interest or newer members are NOT allowed in Q-Talk. Only the Throwdown moderators are allowed to make a thread in Q-Talk inviting other members, and only ONE thread per category. This is due to the forum rules against cross-forum posting, which is the cluttering up of multiple forums around one topic.

YOU CAN create Q-Talk threads for the following:
1. A cooking thread detailing the creation of your dish which you either plan to enter in the Throwdown, or perhaps was just inspired by the Throwdown, in which you are welcome and encouraged to post a link to the TD entry thread. Q-Talk encourages the creation of threads showing what you cooked. You can even bump this thread later to announce that your dish won! Please note that bumping your cook thread is allowed, but do NOT create a whole new thread asking people to vote for your dish, etc.

The Difference Between the ENTRY threads and the DISCUSSION threads
1. The ENTRY thread is where the official category announcement is made. It is also where you post your entries you wish to submit to that particular Throwdown. Only QUALITY ON-TOPIC posts are allowed in this thread, similar in nature to the way threads operate in the Q-Talk forum. Watch out for that hijacking or you might be moderated.

2. The DISCUSSION thread is a general discussion thread created for each Throwdown category allowing for more free-form conversation, often drifting from on-topic to off-topic and back and forth again. BE WARNED that this thread has more relaxed rules and may contain some relatively mature innuendo so ENTER WITH CAUTION! Think of this thread like the party of adults on the deck drinking a few beers while the kids are running around in the backyard. Use some discretion but don't be afraid to have a fun time and crack some good jokes with your friends that maybe the kids won't fully understand. THIS IS NOT WOODPILE, more discretion is necessary, but these threads are pretty damn far from "squeaky clean".
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.

Last edited by Moose; 04-29-2015 at 12:11 AM..

Old 03-03-2013, 05:49 PM   #2
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I think we all would like to see more folks participating and voting in the throw downs. I'd like to see those participating post their cook threads in QT. That's what QT is for, after all Then, in the cook thread post that it is for a TD and post a link to the TD. If we all do that we'll get the TD's in front of a lot more people.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Old 03-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Those types of threads are the best! The member posts her/his cook in a QT thread and goes through the process. Within that thread, they mention that it's for the TD. They could link to the TD forum.
It benefits QT, TDs, and more importantly the member.

More to come TD WhackaDoodlers!

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #4
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Bump
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Thanks for bumping this, Bob!
Old 02-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
bigabyte

Thanks for bumping Bob's bump.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #7
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
Thanks for bumping Bob's bump.
I shall now officially bump bigayte's bump of Bob's original bump.

The only thing I would like to add is is to keep the weekly thread going that Shagdog starts in Qtalk called "This Week in the Throwdowns". Participate, and engage, and keep that thread on page one. That's what it's there for, so keep the QT thread alive each week, and we'll get more TD participants.

Moose out.
Closed Thread