MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-11-2020, 11:48 AM   #496
YSR
On the road to being a farker

Default Count me in

Pulled the trigger just now... 2 Star, Wifi, Door, Xtra Rack, 3/4 Rack, Cover. Told my wife reminding her she said "go ahead" last week. Apparently her memory is not so good. Looks like I may have "traded" a new MAK for a bathroom renovation...
Thanks Crispy, rwalters, pjtexas, Kevin J and all who have contributed to my continuing delinquency.

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-11-2020, 11:55 AM   #497
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Dang, I'll have to see what kind of discount Caleb can give me on a bathroom innovation. Does anyone know if he installs hardwood floors?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 12:01 PM   #498
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

UPDATE!!! Just spoke with MAK Grills and we are currently sitting at 19 grills sold through this Brethren group buy deal. Lots of calls/interest coming in and it seems that we are going to move past 20 any minute now. I was just able to broker a new incentive (lol) to the already awesome group buy deal MAK has provided to all who have joined the family this past week.

So here it is...

Knowing that the group buy deal comes to an end tomorrow (3/12) at 5pm (PST)... if we can hit 25 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $75 store credit. If we can hit 30 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $100 store credit.

There currently seems to be plenty of interest to make these goals very realistic. Soooooo, now is the time if you are on the fence. Just a handful more and the deal gets even sweeter :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #499
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR View Post
Pulled the trigger just now... 2 Star, Wifi, Door, Xtra Rack, 3/4 Rack, Cover. Told my wife reminding her she said "go ahead" last week. Apparently her memory is not so good. Looks like I may have "traded" a new MAK for a bathroom renovation...

Thanks Crispy, rwalters, pjtexas, Kevin J and all who have contributed to my continuing delinquency.

Congrats and WELCOME to the MAK family brother!

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-11-2020, 12:18 PM   #500
YSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Dang, I'll have to see what kind of discount Caleb can give me on a bathroom innovation. Does anyone know if he installs hardwood floors?

Not sure about his hardwood skills, but my bathroom indignation is to be overcome by my MAK jubilation

Old 03-11-2020, 12:20 PM   #501
Crispy Bacon
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Crispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSR View Post

That’s funny but I feel your pain!! Lol.
Crispy Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 12:25 PM   #502
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
UPDATE!!! Just spoke with MAK Grills and we are currently sitting at 19 grills sold through this Brethren group buy deal. Lots of calls/interest coming in and it seems that we are going to move past 20 any minute now. I was just able to broker a new incentive (lol) to the already awesome group buy deal MAK has provided to all who have joined the family this past week.

So here it is...

Knowing that the group buy deal comes to an end tomorrow (3/12) at 5pm (PST)... if we can hit 25 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $75 store credit. If we can hit 30 grills sold, everyone who bought through this deal will be given a $100 store credit.

There currently seems to be plenty of interest to make these goals very realistic. Soooooo, now is the time if you are on the fence. Just a handful more and the deal gets even sweeter :)
That's awesome wish I was a participant, probably going to end up getting a front shelf for the 1 Star, oh well just have to take solace in the fact I've been enjoying the MAK for almost 2yrs now.

Think when the Mini MAK is released we can find enough interested parties to drum up another group bye.
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 12:37 PM   #503
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
That's awesome wish I was a participant, probably going to end up getting a front shelf for the 1 Star, oh well just have to take solace in the fact I've been enjoying the MAK for almost 2yrs now.

Think when the Mini MAK is released we can find enough interested parties to drum up another group bye.

A Mini MAK group buy would be amazing, eh?!?! We shall see what MAK has to say when the time comes. That said, I wouldn’t mind seeing a MAK 3 Star group buy deal. Large family problems... lol.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:50 PM   #504
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

YSR,
Do you get to use the Mak before the remodel is done? Doesn't seem fair that you get your new toy before she gets hers. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 12:55 PM   #505
pjtexas1

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

If we miss out on the store credit are we gonna blame Sako?

SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 12:57 PM   #506
rwalters

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post

Well, someone’s gotta take the fall...lol. Do you have a better suggestion than Sako?

Old 03-11-2020, 12:58 PM   #507
KevinJ

Quote:

Quote:
Well, someone’s gotta take the fall...lol. Do you have a better suggestion than Sako?
Someone should at least send him a PM and let him know.
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #508
4ever3

We need a MAK Appreciation and I say Robb is the one to start it, so here’s what I propose.

Robb, the next time you take pics of a cook, start a new thread “MAKnation” or MAK Appreciation” or whatever else someone comes up with then we can all post pics of cooks, plates food, questions, blah blah blah. Not saying someone can’t post a MAK thread outside of it though.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #509
YSR

Quote:
YSR,
Do you get to use the Mak before the remodel is done? Doesn't seem fair that you get your new toy before she gets hers. [emoji23]

shhhhh! You may cost me another bathroom!

Old 03-11-2020, 01:44 PM   #510
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner21 View Post
I’m selfishly disappointed. Your logic is sound, but your cooks are inspiring. For the love of the Brethren I think you should reconsider - you have a couple more days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
You know what, you are absolutely correct! I would actually have to question Sako’s love and loyalty to the Brethren should this decision stick :(
Quote:
Now that's some serious peer pressure! I'll still be your friend regardless Sako.

Quote:
No pressure whatsoever... just a gentle nudge... lol. Yes, we can still be friends no matter what he decides. I would hate to lose my chance of ever getting a Sako dinner invite :)
Thanks for the kind words fellas. I feel the pressure again but please don't blame me if you miss out on the new incentive.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is offline   Reply With Quote