Looking for Pellet Pooper $500-$700 price range

Nice resurrection, but it looks like blazinfire settled on a Grilla Grillz Silverbac per his signature line and posted cook pictures in the past 2 years since he asked.

But Adams, you bring up a good point. Is the meat safe to eat if the power goes out over night?

And who has the best pellet to customer service ratio?

If you're buying from a big box retail store consider using (or applying for) a card with a good cashback option - then buy discounted gift cards for the big box store with the credit card and use them to pay for the grill. You should be able to knock at least 10-15% off whatever you buy. Couple that with a sale price and you're doing pretty good.

I like the way you think. :thumb:

Just as an FYI for anyone who does not know, Lowes gives veterans a 10% discount every day.

A little confused on the “cold meat” arguments.
Less than $50 gets you a temp probe to connect to your phone and it warns you if temps fall below wherever you set it.

Also the only thing I would cook “overnight” will be brisket. I have a PB cabinet smoker. I use mesquite pellets and then do a smoke tube that is filled with mixed hickory chips and mesquite pellets. Smoke at 175 with 3-4 tubes in 4 hrs. Then 275 for 3hrs and then wrapped and put in oven. I “feel” like it has absorbed as much smoke as it is going to. Take out of oven after probe test and rest till bedtime and then refrigerate and eat next day.
It ain’t a Hutchins or Franklins but it beats 75% of bbq restaurants.
Also I am bbq snob so I do have high standards.

Now my ribs or chicken still need some tweaking to be Hutchins quality.

Right I was going to say you can monitor that and I do because I've been there and the power has gone out. I don't get snuck up on like that ever again!

I don't like Re-REsurecting threads.. But looks like this was resurrected sometime this year. I thought I might add my finaly thoughts to the thread..

As mentioned above I indeed settled with GrillaGrillz.. I got the base version of a silverbac i wanna say the beginning of 2020? maybe it was 2019? I don't remember now.

If they are still an active company I highly recommend it. I don't regret my purchase at all. Its still cooking today, haven't had one bit of an issue with it. Currently cooking a brisket as we speak!

Back