DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I’ve been away on vacation for the last week visiting relatives up in Reno. While we were there, I made one of our favorite quick and easy dinners by grilling up some of this Chile Lime Chicken Breast we buy at Costco.

Now that we’re back, I wanted to make another of our favorites. Anybody who’s been a member of this board for a while knows I love my Mexican food. Even with the wife and I on the Weight Watchers plan, if I’m careful what I choose and how I prepare the dishes I can enjoy my favorite cuisine. Made with boneless, skinless chicken breasts and not much oil the fajitas themselves are only 1 point per serving. I can live with a diet that includes chicken fajitas, can’t you?

I started out making a batch of my Mexican rice. (1 Point per serving) Started out by sautéing the veggies. (See link for recipe: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223944)

I also got out the onion and bell peppers to cut up

and mixed up the fajitas seasoning.

Ingredients:

1/2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. kosher salt to taste
1/4 tsp. Chipotle pepper 1/4 tsp. Oregano
Next up were some frijoles. I sautéed some diced onion, 1/2 a jalapeno, some bell pepper and corn and then added two kinds of black beans. (0 points per serving)

I now got out 3 boneless skinless breasts and coated them with the fajitas seasoning.

I took them and the cut-up veggies out to my gas grill side burner. I sprayed my 12” Camp Chef C.I. skillet with some OO. After it was heated up, I put the 3 breast in and cooked them for 8 minutes per side.

Once they were cooked, I removed them to a cutting board and was left with the fond.

I dumped in the onions and bell peppers and let them start to cook.

Stirred up with the pan scrapings.

While them were cooking I sliced up the chicken.

Once the veggies had started the wilt

I dumped in the chicken and stirred it in and continued to cook until the chicken had reheated.

Now I brought it all in and plated it up with a Modelo Negra.

Here is a gratuitous close-up side shot.

So delicious!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Sweet a Fajita seasoning recipe! you rock dude!

Fajitas are the best meal on the planet! Yeah Pizza is good. Yeah burgers are fine. Yeah chili and BBQ are good too.

But nothing beats Fajitas. Fajitas rule the world!

There will always be one thing on any menu that you can order in any restaurant that has it and it will always be good or you can make it good. That dish is Fajitas.

Thank you so much for the recipe. Some question if you don't mind.

1. My current fajitas recipe calls for adding a lime sauce to the onions and peppers either during the cook or after. Some other recipes call for using fajita seasoning or some similar seasoning on the onions and peppers as they cook. Is there a reason that you don't?

PS: Modelo Negra, you are the man. The best true Marzen style beer left on grocery stores in America. The best. You sir, have proven yourself to be a class act.

Sweet a Fajita seasoning recipe! you rock dude!

Fajitas are the best meal on the planet! Yeah Pizza is good. Yeah burgers are fine. Yeah chili and BBQ are good too.

But nothing beats Fajitas. Fajitas rule the world!

There will always be one thing on any menu that you can order in any restaurant that has it and it will always be good or you can make it good. That dish is Fajitas.

Thank you so much for the recipe. Some question if you don't mind.

1. My current fajitas recipe calls for adding a lime sauce to the onions and peppers either during the cook or after. Some other recipes call for using fajita seasoning or some similar seasoning on the onions and peppers as they cook. Is there a reason that you don't?

PS: Modelo Negra, you are the man. The best true Marzen style beer left on grocery stores in America. The best. You sir, have proven yourself to be a class act.
Thank you Rick. Thank you very much!

The juice of a lime sounds like it would add some flavor we'd like and it wouldn't add any calories. Now if we're talking a sauce, then it all depend on whats in it. There are many different Fajitas recipes out there and this is what I've settled on for the time being. (Keeping in mind my wife and I are on WW)
Looks awesome
Thank you Shiz-Nit
Beautiful looking plate (and I'm not really much of a chicken guy).
Thank you Kevin

DH-

Everything looks fantastic (boom!) except that fern in the background- looks like a bit of a troublemaker. :laugh:

I don't know about points and weight watchers and such, but I do know I'd hit that hard. Your cooks always look amazing. great job :thumb:

Fantastic, Jeff, great to see you back!

I had no idea you liked Mexican food.

:fish:

That looks absolutely amazing!! You always knock it out of the park and this one was grand slammer.

Very tasty looking fajitas. You have my downfall...a glass of good beer
Thank you Joe. I've had to back away from them for most meals but couldn't resist a Negra Modelo with these Fajitas. :becky:
Oh yeah, nothing wrong with any of that!
Thank you Dean
DH-

Everything looks fantastic (boom!) except that fern in the background- looks like a bit of a troublemaker. :laugh:
Thank you Tom. Nah, that fern is well behaved now that it's older.

Back