MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-02-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
Smokin D@wg@77
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkrd past View Post
it doesn't have a smoke stack.
They found that was a "flaw" in other pellet grills. Smart if think bout it. Not running live fire so dont need the draw of air that smoke stack provides in live fire smoker. Keep more smoke in , more smoke flavor ...Genius
Smokin D@wg@77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 01-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #17
Smokin D@wg@77
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
Exactamundo, thats what I’m doing. Once the brethren work out the bugs and Weber offers a front table them I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here ....2021 they prob be one in my smoke shack
Smokin D@wg@77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 09:17 AM   #18
Hinds15
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : BullseyeMetalWerks

Don't kill me but look into the masterbuilt 560. I have a 26 kettle with IQ 110 also. Haven't used it since I got the 560.

Last edited by Hinds15; 01-02-2020 at 10:07 AM..
Hinds15 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #19
tenpenny_05
Full Fledged Farker

I've sat on the sidelines quietly judging pellet cookers while also being secretly jealous for quite some time. I never really considered a pellet grill until weber announced the smokefire. I've been a weber fan for a long long time so it really piqued my interest, I was half a day away from pulling the trigger to get on the the pre-order list before I came across a Traeger Timberline 850 on craigslist and the seller accepted my very low offer.
So far I have loved it. It is very a very handsome grill (I call it middle-class chic) and I have turned out some very good food on it in the few weeks I have owned it. The only downside is having to take the guts out fairly regularly to vacuum it out, and I can tell the heat deflector is going to be difficult to keep as clean as I'd like. You also have to ignore all the trolls online that tell you your pellet grill isn't a smoker, and call it a driveway oven. Screw those guys.
Not sure if any of this helps, but it sounds like you are in a similar boat I am in, so I thought I would share my recent experience. I can't wait to get some real world reviews on the smokefire!

2 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->
Old 01-02-2020, 02:37 PM   #20
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpenny_05 View Post
I've sat on the sidelines quietly judging pellet cookers while also being secretly jealous for quite some time. I never really considered a pellet grill until weber announced the smokefire. I've been a weber fan for a long long time so it really piqued my interest, I was half a day away from pulling the trigger to get on the the pre-order list before I came across a Traeger Timberline 850 on craigslist and the seller accepted my very low offer.
So far I have loved it. It is very a very handsome grill (I call it middle-class chic) and I have turned out some very good food on it in the few weeks I have owned it. The only downside is having to take the guts out fairly regularly to vacuum it out, and I can tell the heat deflector is going to be difficult to keep as clean as I'd like. You also have to ignore all the trolls online that tell you your pellet grill isn't a smoker, and call it a driveway oven. Screw those guys.
Not sure if any of this helps, but it sounds like you are in a similar boat I am in, so I thought I would share my recent experience. I can't wait to get some real world reviews on the smokefire!

Well said!! And much like you, I could not believe how much I immediately loved pellet cooked food when I first decided to give it a shot. My pellet muncher is by far and away my most used cooker. :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2020, 03:30 PM   #21
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
Well said!! And much like you, I could not believe how much I immediately loved pellet cooked food when I first decided to give it a shot. My pellet muncher is by far and away my most used cooker. :)
Ya agree with all these last few comments!

I freaking love my pellet cookers . Even with very easy to light, use and maintain things like my egg, hunsakers and previously wsm, gravity it is very nice to turn a dial and be cooking.

With a busy life/family I find myself cooking more than I probably would even on weeknights. Love my stick burning too and glad I have another Shirley, but can't manage it all day like I used to every time I want to cook.

Pellet cookers have great flavor and it isn't of course like running straight wood or charcoal, but when I finally started doing it myself I was surprised on the great food even when cooking hot.

I'm still very interested in the Weber and think I will probably have one this year along with the newer pitboss platinum as I also still want an easy to fire up grill.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:48 PM   #22
Little Pig Barbeque
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Jesse Robinson

The Smokefire looks like a beast! As soon as I see some good hands on reviews when its released, I may be getting one myself.

I would be glad to test it out for some honest reviews. If Weber would send me one...hint hint...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Little Pig Barbeque is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #23
mnbadger
Full Fledged Farker

I put down the money on my preorder today. I've cooked on everything from a cabinet smoker, BGE, WSM, pk grill, pit barrel cooker, drum smoker to the offset I welded myself. I've got a growing family and made the decision to go with the Weber smokefire 36" and sell my offset to finance it. It's hard for me to dedicate multiple times am hour tending am offset and Weber is a company I've always had great luck with. I'll post a lot of my cooks on here to help the brethren out with reviews and thoughts. This'll be my first pellet grill.

Regarding the original poster... I think Weber makes good stuff and seems to stand by their products. Im sure it'll be as good as most similarly priced cookers. I'm hoping it ends up quite a bit better but time will tell.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Old 01-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #24
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

I shelled out the cash this morning as well and will be selling my LSG to finance it. It's just to much money sitting there when I don't have the time it requires to manage a fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbadger View Post
I put down the money on my preorder today. I've cooked on everything from a cabinet smoker, BGE, WSM, pk grill, pit barrel cooker, drum smoker to the offset I welded myself. I've got a growing family and made the decision to go with the Weber smokefire 36" and sell my offset to finance it. It's hard for me to dedicate multiple times am hour tending am offset and Weber is a company I've always had great luck with. I'll post a lot of my cooks on here to help the brethren out with reviews and thoughts. This'll be my first pellet grill.

Regarding the original poster... I think Weber makes good stuff and seems to stand by their products. Im sure it'll be as good as most similarly priced cookers. I'm hoping it ends up quite a bit better but time will tell.

Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2020, 07:13 PM   #25
mnbadger
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post
I shelled out the cash this morning as well and will be selling my LSG to finance it. It's just to much money sitting there when I don't have the time it requires to manage a fire.
Same boat I'm in! I love the offset and it's a ton of fun. But with little kids and a busy life I haven't fired mine up in over a year.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:33 PM   #26
rwalters
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Robb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcyork28 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbadger View Post

I hear ya guys! By far and away what led me to pellets... just no time to burn sticks. Heck, I have a hard enough time cooking w/ charcoal most days. What’s funny and something I didn’t expect is that I would fall in love with pellet cooked food. Over the past several years, I have seen quite a few guys sell stick burners in favor of a pellet muncher. The majority of them, from what I have seen and heard, have come to really enjoy pellets as well. They turn out a very consistent end product with a very pleasant flavor that appeals to quite a few people, including women who don’t always like the heavier smoke profile. Look forward to seeing and hearing more from both of you :)
Come follow my adventures on Instagram: @rwaltersbbq
rwalters is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2020, 08:47 AM   #27
Pedro7
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpenny_05 View Post
You also have to ignore all the trolls online that tell you your pellet grill isn't a smoker, and call it a driveway oven. Screw those guys.
Seriously. Anytime somebody posts about a pellet smoker in one of the facebook groups 47 people tell them that it's an "outdoor oven" and to just sell it and use your indoor oven.

Social media is a strange place....

Old 01-28-2020, 08:53 AM   #28
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm totally stealing the term "driveway oven". That's awesome!

Just waiting for Weber to holler at me on my order, then I'll be buying.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #29
mcyork28
Babbling Farker

I will probably buy another stick burner. Just one that costs a lot less money. I enjoy it when I have the time and I like the food off of a stick burner. Will probably get a an Old Country Pecos or Smokehouse so I don't feel to guilty while it sits unused most of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalters View Post
I hear ya guys! By far and away what led me to pellets... just no time to burn sticks. Heck, I have a hard enough time cooking w/ charcoal most days. What’s funny and something I didn’t expect is that I would fall in love with pellet cooked food. Over the past several years, I have seen quite a few guys sell stick burners in favor of a pellet muncher. The majority of them, from what I have seen and heard, have come to really enjoy pellets as well. They turn out a very consistent end product with a very pleasant flavor that appeals to quite a few people, including women who don’t always like the heavier smoke profile. Look forward to seeing and hearing more from both of you :)
Weber Kettle
Weber Genesis
Weber Smokey Joe

Passed on to a new home
Tejas 2040 Deluxe
Humphrey's Long Weekender
mcyork28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2020, 09:54 AM   #30
SweetHeatBBQnSC
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Joedy

Question for y'all. I have been reading the pellet thread and have seen everyone talking about having to clean by vacuuming out ash. This sounds like a lot of work. Didn't I hear that Weber did something with the smokefire so this won't be necessary? Did I imagine this? Thanks.
Isaiah 41:10-Chunky Dunks BBQ-Competition Team
Propane Whole Hog Cooker
Grill Master Gasser--(Deceased)
Weber Kettle 22"(Hoyt)
WSM 22.5"(Bertha)
RecTeq 590(Fancy)
Blackstone 17" griddle
O.G. Barrel Charcoal Grill--(Chicken Graveyard)
Clemson Orange Thermapen Mk4
SweetHeatBBQnSC is offline   Reply With Quote